Job Summary Statement:
This position ensures production goals are met by repairing and making plastic molds.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools.
- Fit and assemble parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and machinists' hand tools.
- Repair and fix parts and molds that come into the shop
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education: High School diploma or equivalency.
- Experience: Minimum five (5) years of Tool and Die Making manufacturing plastic molding experience.
- English language skills: Able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Math skills: Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Understanding of shop mathematics.
- Physical Demands: Able to lift up to 35 lbs. Able to stoop and bend. Able to walk quickly and climb stairs. Able to work 12-hour shift.
- Work environment: Manufacturing environment. Warehouse is hot and humid in summer months, cold in winter months.
- Knows how to apply knowledge of tool and die design and construction.
- Knows metal properties, and can demonstrate layout, machining, and assembly procedures.
Igloo’s Code of Coolness:
WE WIN AS A TEAM - Each of us is an expert in our role and we work together to meet our goals. We value communication, honesty and respect and operate with a high degree of integrity. Each one of us makes a difference every day.
WE HAVE FUN - Coolers are a fun business. While we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We celebrate our successes as individuals and as a team.
WE FAIL FAST - There are few decisions that any of us make that can’t be reversed. We take calculated risks and we hold ourselves accountable for the results. We change course when necessary and we learn from our mistakes. We win because we’re willing to fail.
WE’RE SCRAPPY - We treat the business as if it were our own. We do more with less and we have a high sense of urgency to meet the needs of our consumers and customers.
WE HAVE A POSITIVE CAN-DO ATTITUDE - We see opportunity where others see risk. We go above and beyond our role to get things done for our customers and our teammates
- Assembly And Installation
- Cutting Tool (Machining)