The accounting manager is responsible for managing the accounting department. This role also serves as a consultant for managers within the organization, advising them of current budgetary information and working with managers to create a fiscal strategy that aligns with the goals of the organization.
Essential Duties and Tasks
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made, upon request, to ensure individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Responsible for supervising the accounting procedures
* Designs and implements inventory counts via statistical cycle counts and regular physicals.
* Ensures accuracy of cost data, sales margins and reporting.
* Manage A/R and A/P functions.
* Report on A/R aging and manage accordingly.
* Report on cash requirements on a weekly basis.
* Ensure SG&A is properly recorded.
* Manage vendor rebates and ensure properly accrued.
* Assist in managing various balance sheet accounts.
* Develops machine overhead rates for all machines and monitors variances with actual spending.
* Conducts monthly and yearly closings.
* Provides audit support.
* Communicates findings to appropriate personnel at all levels of the organization.
* Demonstrates appropriate attitude in all dealings with coworkers, customers, and suppliers.
* General Ledger -- prepare journal entries for month end and year-end closings.
* Run Trial Balance & Month End Package for various members of management.
* Monthly MA Sales & Use Tax Report -- Calculate tax that should've been paid to the state and send to Controller to file.
* Daily check Billing report for to make sure pricing is accurate.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent number of years of experience, plus seven years of accounting experience
* Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
* Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
* Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), Visio, and Outlook email and calendar capabilities.
* Maintains strict confidentiality and protects privacy of confidential/sensitive information.
* Exceptional time management and organization skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously establishing priorities to meet deadlines.
* Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, written, and presentations) with executive leadership, staff, and internal and external clients.
* Proactive; exercises sound judgment and decision making; able to identify problems and needs, and develop solutions and/or options.
* Self-confident, self-motivated polished professional who thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Customer Relationship Management
Resolve Customer Issue
Achieve Client Need