To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Sr Systems Security Engineer
PAE • Fredericksburg, VA
Posted 1 day ago
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldSr Systems Security Engineer
Senior Systems Security Engineer (SSSE)
Job Family: Information Systems Security
Security Clearance: This position requires a Secret security clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
The Systems Security Engineer will have a lead role in performing various information security tasks involving GRC, architecture, and incident response.
The Senior Systems Security Engineer’s responsibilities include:
- Provide support to planning, designing and implementing security controls which safeguard and monitor events for information systems, enterprise applications and data.
- Assess current and planned information systems, identifying security architecture issues, and designing solutions for gaps.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and investigate security-related, information systems’ anomalies based on security platform reporting, network traffic, log files, host-based and automated security alerts
- Maintain, configure, and analyze network and host-based security platforms.
- Participates in Security Operations Center (SOC) activities and responds to security incidents.
- Conduct log reviews using designated Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) platform.
- Vulnerability analysis and remediation.
- Provide Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) support as needed in response to information security related events.
- Performs Information System Security Manager (ISSM) duties on assigned government-authorized systems;
- Prepares and reviews documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, A&A packages, and Security Controls Trace-ability Matrix (SCTM)
- Supports security authorization activities in compliance with Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Assist in the evaluation of security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
- Develops Information System Security (ISS) documentation (SSP, CMP, etc.) to support the Assessment & Authorization (A&A) of assigned systems;
- Implement Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) and Security Requirements Guide (SRG) as required on designated systems
- Maintain and update relevant system and process documentation and develop ad-hoc reports as needed
- Assist the development of security tool requirements, trials, and evaluations, as well as security operation procedures and processes
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with all team members
- Provide off-hours support on an infrequent, but as needed basis
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or Information Systems and 8 years of demonstrated results, or equivalent experience.
- The successful Senior Systems Security Engineer must have:
- Current CISSP certification
- Prior ISSO or ISSM experience
- Experience with the NIST/FISMA regulatory and compliance requirements
- Be able to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously; coordinating and ensuring scheduled goals are met
- Experience working with DoD or Federal classified IT system security configuration and processes is highly desirable
- Well versed in IT government security accreditation's and certification IAW NISPOM, NIST, RMF and other approved government IT security standards, policies and directives
- Experience using vulnerability scanning tools.
- Experience with Network-based Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS) and Host-based Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (HIDS/HIPS)
- Must have experience in Security Risk Assessment/analysis support.
- Must have excellent communication and customer interface skills.
- Candidates must be able to travel 10% of the time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.