Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham Packaging is part of your everyday life. They’re the kind of people you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that’s inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging Company is looking for a Quality Inspector based in West Hazleton, PA. This position is for various shifts. Please indicate your shift preference when you apply.
$16.63 - $17.69/Hour based on Qualifications, an additional $.50 shift differential for nights.
- Benefits: Start on Day One! Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K
- $1,000 SIGN ON BONUS
The Quality Inspector assures quality of bottles and the final package prior to shipment to the customer. The Quality Inspector works closely with the Supervisor and production employees to achieve a quality product. The primary duties of a Quality Inspector include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Visual checks of bottles and box glue patterns on a regular basis for final packaging audits.
- Report all rejected defects to PMTs and Supervisor. Follow through until defect is corrected.
- Generate CPARs in SAP
- Follow established procedures for defective products and gives all information to the Supervisor when product is put on “Hold”. Coordinate and manage the HFI and rework process.
- Visual checks of bottles and box glue patterns on a regular basis for final packaging audits
- Report completed rework of defective products and data according to established procedures.
- Works closely with the Supervisor and production employees to achieve a quality product to meet or exceed specifications.
- Perform specified checks in accordance to Plant’s inspection plan: record teste on 24 hour summary and enter data into Infinity.
- Verify correct operation of in-line inspection devices, i.e. - leak testers, vision systems, metal detectors and other appropriate automated inspection equipment.
- Ability to read and use QA tools – Digital Calipers, Magna mikes, Top loan, Height gage, Torque Meters, scales and various other QA tools
- Report discrepancies in part, processes or operator training to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain clear, accurate and timely records.
- Fulfill all duties as assigned by the Shift Supervisor and Quality Assurance Manager.
- Complete all reports and forms for product and process documentation, complete written documentation as required.
- Be flexible to work other shifts and work overtime to successfully complete all duties of the position.
- Assist in break relieves and helps in production area when needed. May assist in training as assigned.
- Keep Quality Assurance inspection areas clean: complete and document assigned daily cleaning tasks.
- Communicate about quality with other shifts and departments verbally and through written documents according to established procedures
- Perform gauging calibration studies
- Accurately record inspection results
- SAP & Infinity knowledge
- Limited travel may be required
- Other Duties as Assigned
A minimum of 1 to 3 years in manufacturing preferred. Minimum of 6 months quality experience preferred.
Quality Inspectors are required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Product Quality Assurance
Packaging And Labeling