To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
7021 Harbour View Boulevard
Suffolk, VA 23435
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Smithfield Foods • Suffolk, VA
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you an ambitious, multi-tasker who can solve problems in a fast-paced environment that loves BACON? Then you should join us in growing one of America’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods!
The Supply Chain team is looking for motivated professionals to facilitate the distribution of our great products to customers and consumers. These personnel can analyze production metrics against market needs in Supply & Demand Planning, focus on product transportation through Logistics, or ensure the shelves of your local grocery store are stocked by Direct Store Delivery.
The Transportation Analyst is responsible for analyzing the supply chain, transportation and distribution network and developing recommendations for reducing freight costs, creating material efficiencies and improving on-time delivery. Establishes, maintains and communicates statistical data on the tracking of product shipments, returns, and inventory. This position requires knowledge of U.S. geography and transportation costing and the Hours of Service Rules, as it relates to the legal driving time of drivers.Responsibilities
- Reviews daily orders. Sets and builds efficient truck loads to geographic areas, including single and multi-stop loads. Focuses on cost and service when routing loads.
- Clear understanding of customer service goals and expectations.
- Tenders loads to awarded contract carriers, including all customer and inter-company loads.
- Searches for new carriers that can bring value to Smithfield Foods.
- Addresses requests for late orders, changes to existing orders, stop changes, etc.
- Seeks additional orders to maximize truck weights.
- Communicates with brokers, Regional and Area Managers on service requests and issues.
- Collaborates with product schedulers to ensure inter-company moves are processed accurately.
- Schedules delivery appointments with customers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) from two-year college or technical school in Transportation, Logistics or related field and 2+ years’ experience and/or training in the transportation field, preferably the refrigerated segment; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Transportation, preferred.
- Knowledge of the transportation industry, transportation rate structures and current trends.
- Knowledge of SAP, desirable.
- Knowledge of meat industry, preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, copiers, fax, calculator etc.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.