$75000.00 to $125000.00 yearly
Robert Half is looking for a higher level Financial Reporting and Statutory Accountant with a highly successful and growing Insurance & Financial Services organization in the Sioux City, IA area. This is a full-time, permanent position. If you have a background in Insurance, Regulatory Reporting, Statutory Reporting, or any other Financial Services related field, Robert Half is looking for candidates like you. Your main responsibilities in this position would include financial statement preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis, budgets and forecasting, audit preparation, and internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. The challenging, fast-paced work environment requires top-notch analytical skills. In addition to excellent compensation and benefits, the company offers the opportunity to advance consistently on a year-over-year basis. This role would also allow for remote working several times each week after the initial onboarding process.
- Preparation and oversight of quarterly and annual financial and statutory reporting (annual statement, audit report and all disclosures, holding company reports) and additional management reports including analysis for various companies.
- Provide Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Dedication to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- Complete and or review monthly, quarterly, and annual cession and other reports for reinsurers. Perform annual reviews for new yearly reinsurance rates,
- Review financial information such as trends, performance metrics, benchmarks, etc. and present analysis in a clear manner
- Produce error-free monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables such as journal entries, reconciliations, reports in compliance with GAAP
- When working with business partners, ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls. Additionally, be able to provide support on special requests
- Participate in various department-wide initiatives
- Manage Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Aid in coordinating quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external auditors
- Prepare monthly consolidated P& L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management reporting
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 4+ years of total progressive accounting experience required, but open to all experience ranges
- Experience working within the Insurance, Financial Services, Nonprofit, or any other regulatory governed industries highly prefered
- Experience working within regulatory, statutory, or compliance-related reporting essentially a must
- CPA certification highly sought after but not required
- Ability to adhere to SEC and Regulatory related reporting standards and perform reports and analysis on these governed accounting areas
- Good experience with GAAP financial reporting and in-depth financial review required
- Experience at a Senior or Manager Accountant level or above highly preferred but not a must have
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Lead Accounting Analyst - Financial & Statutory Reporting
for more information.
- Accounting Control