To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Joplin, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Employee Health & Safety Specialist
Schaeffler Group • Joplin, MO
Posted 1 month ago
Schaeffler, a global automotive and industrial supplier, is seeking an Employee Health & Safety Specialist (EHS) for the Joplin, MO. The EHS Specialist is responsible for implementing EHS programs to ensure compliance with established policies, legal requirements and EHS certifications for the Joplin location.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Conduct and participate in EHS inspections and audits of the plant.
• Schedule and conduct accident investigations.
• Maintain accident database and perform trends analysis.
• Enforce safety rules and procedures.
• Provide guidance and solutions for EHS related issues.
• Assist in the implementation of ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and EMAS programs.
• Conduct and participate in industrial hygiene monitoring, noise surveys.
• Perform EHS training for new hires and other legal required EHS topics.
• Respond to and report emergencies.
• Make recommendations and implement changes and improvements to EHS program to drive business results.
• Organize and schedule EHS Management Reviews.
• Ensure that all regulated requirements for permits, authorizations and approvals are submitted as required.
• Participate in shop floor management meetings.
• Identify corrective actions and tracks until completed.
• Review safety and environmental related supplies to ensure all controls are in place.
• Create EHS reports and program budgets.
• Work with consultants, government officials, attorneys and plant personnel on EHS issues.
• Oversee Workers Compensation program. Report injuries via established reporting system, Coordinate return to work and restricted duty requirements. Liaison between physician’s office, plant supervisors and insurance company.
• Provide oversight of contract security guards. Ensure security equipment is operational.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Qualified applicants will have:
• B.S. degree in Safety, Environment or related discipline with 5-7 years direct environmental health and safety experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Specialization in area of safety program development, implementation and management.
• Auditing per ISO 14001, ISO 45001 or OSHAS 18001 standards.
• Proficient knowledge and use of standard Windows programs, experience in SAP a plus.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Teaching and curriculum development skills.
• Knowledge of safety and environmental regulations.
• Knowledge of environmental Management Systems.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the corporate structure.
• Strong organizational and motivation skills.
Schaeffler is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans