To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Towson, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Maxim Healthcare Services • Towson, MD
Posted 20 days ago
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Medical Coder is responsible for assigning ICD-10 and/or CPT/HCPCS codes as appropriate, and abstracts pertinent information from patient records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assigns ICD-10 and/or CPT/HCPCS codes, as appropriate and abstracts pertinent information from patient records
- Ensures optimal reimbursement of all cases in compliance with CMS policies and procedures and Official Coding Guidelines
- Implements medical center’s physician query process when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the medical record is inadequate, ambiguous or unclear for
- coding purposes
- Keeps abreast of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements
- Brings identified concerns to the Professional Recruiter who will direct as needed
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information
- Management Association
- Adheres to Official Coding Guidelines, CMS policies and regulations and Medical Center’s policies and procedures
- Ensures client’s production and quality expectations are met
- Communicates professionally and effectively with clients, coding staff, and Maxim corporate staff
- Demonstrates effective time management skills by completing assignments within time constraints and calendar schedule
- Completes work assignments independently
- Engages in professional development activities to maintain professional certification
- Downloads pertinent software
- Reviews material included in the Welcome Packet and returns all paperwork requiring completion
- Reviews coding reference material provided including Medical Center specific coding procedures
- Participates in orientation training activities and review material provided
- Completes production log and submits to MHIS Remote and Professional Recruiter
- Completes coding of all discharges/encounters ensuring the minimum productivity requirement are met
- Password-protects all documents containing PHI sent to client or corporate
- Reviews any reference material provided
- If unable to work on a given day, reports absence as soon as possible to the Professional
- Recruiter or Operations Manager
- Submits vacation or personal day requests to the Professional Recruiter with at least one week notice
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- Must hold at least one of the following certifications: RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P, CPC, CPC-H (COC) or have a preferred minimum of 2 years relevant coding experience
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Computer proficiency required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID: 459719
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.