To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mishawaka, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Standard Motor Products, Inc • Mishawaka, IN
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our wire extrusion plant, based in Mishawaka, IN, specializes in the extrusion of bulk ignition wire and related products for the automotive industry. We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as Plant Manager.
This position is responsible for managing all manufacturing processes for our vertically
Integrated facility to assure the production of products occurs in a safe, efficient manner at
Minimal costs and at a high level of quality while meeting all customer demand.
- Manage facility to ensure compliance with production, inventory, budgetary, headcount and line fill goals.
- Direct the manufacturing activity for the facility to assure that product quality is improved, costs are reduced and customer demand is met.
- Promote and manage a positive employee relations atmosphere.
- Guide the development and implementation of programs and procedures that provide continuous improvement including, but not limited to SPS (IMPACT), cost reduction, SMED, Demand Flow, JIT, IATF 16949, etc. to provide improved operational functioning.
- Assure all company policies and procedures are communicated and abided by all employees at all times.
- Enhance shareholder worth by operating the factory in an efficient, safe and profitable manner.
- Work closely with our team members, providing guidance, correction and support in the performance of their duty.
- Approve production schedules, overtime assignment and all expenditure requests for facility.
- In conjunction with Materials Management, manage in process inventory levels to requirements and balance inventory to assure efficient factory operations.
- Identify, train and develop subordinates into an effective overall team while assuring opportunities/consideration for individual professional growth.
Must have demonstrated expertise managing or supervising a manufacturing facility consisting of 10+ years’ progressive/related experience. Wire extrusion experience and knowledge required. Degreed or equivalent experience preferred.