To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
S45 W29290 Wisconsin 59
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Electrical Engineer II
Generac • Waukesha, WI
Posted 2 months ago
Generac Power Systems – Work with the leader in the power industry! Our office in Waukesha, WI is seeking an Electrical Engineer II.
The Engineer II is responsible for providing engineering input to the product development projects assigned to him/her including interfacing with the cross functional team consisting of engineering, operations (industrial engineering, production, and material procurement, sourcing, quality, service, and marketing).
This position reports to the Engineering Supervisor or Manager.Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply engineering principles in hardware, software, harness and power output development activities for global products while optimizing cost, quality and performance.
- Specifies precise new product functional requirements; designs, tests and integrates a variety of moderately complex components to produce final designs; and evaluates the design's overall effectiveness, cost (including cost/benefit analysis), reliability (risk analysis), and safety.
- Designs, develops, executes and evaluates fitness-for-use testing, product specifications and process validation plans for a variety of moderately complex products and/or components; creates and reviews material part specifications and bills of materials.
- Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize moderately complex designs for manufacturability.
- Utilizes CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) systems to model new designs and produce detailed engineering drawings.
- Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs)
- Assist sustaining and product improvement teams regarding electrical system components to provide quick response to production and field issues.
- Acts as a resource to mentor and teach less experienced engineers.
- Travel to other Generac facilities as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline;
- 2 or more years of relevant work experience;
- Experience in new product design and development
- Demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following: engine systems, generators, lighting, controls, software, communication bus interfaces (ex. J1939 CAN)
- Experience with outdoor power equipment and an understanding of how that environment impacts electrical systems
- Experience with design methodologies such as DFM and FMEA.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform detail oriented work with a high degree of accuracy on multiple projects;
- Demonstrated written communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to translate technical information to all audiences;
- Applies engineering knowledge and experience to improve products, services and processes;Technical Skills to include 3D modeling (ProE or SolidWorks); ProDiagram or ProCabling.
- MS Excel, MS Word;
- Experience with machine design;
- Previous experience with SAP or equivalent ERP.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.