SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
The SS&C Enterprise Risk team is seeking a Quantitative Risk Manager in the NYC Office. The ideal person for the role will work with the Risk team which analyzes and models market risk in hedge fund portfolios and strategies. Through GoRisk reporting tool, fund managers are provided with essential risk analysis (trade position and exposure reporting, stress tests and VaR analysis) across all asset classes and fund strategies.
- Define and develop an effective and efficient risk-reporting infrastructure in a global environment by gathering and analyzing data from various fund management units, writing reports, and providing recommendations and exercising judgment.
- Design custom computer programs/macros, as needed, to facilitate portfolio analysis and direct junior risk staff on implementing such design.
- Uses a variety of analytical resources, under the direction of senior management to design/develop/improve existing quantitative models/tools to help monitor and manage risk. Analytical resources include but are not limited to Bloomberg, IDC, Reuters, Intex, CRD, Visual Basic, Java, Excel, MATLAB.
- Keeps abreast of current issues in business operations and incorporates changing business needs into risk analysis. Develops and maintains knowledge of financial markets, securities and general investment themes in order to bring an informed perspective to the risk management processes.
- Ability to think critically about broad range of potential investment risks, gathers relevant data and information systematically, can translate complexities and perceives relationships amongst data and trends.
- Develops and executes complex business projects and directs colleagues on such projects. Meets established project milestones, goals and objectives within established time frames by utilizing a disciplined approach to delivering on time.
- Leads team with the identification, evaluation, and resolution of potential obstacles which may have an impact on the completion of the project.
- Presents thorough, clear, and insightful analysis to senior leaders, portfolio managers, and traders in a professional manner.
- Undertakes a variety of ad hoc analytical projects as needed to support Enterprise Risk Business Unit.
- Ensure that projects are completed on time, as directed.
- Will work with more seasoned individuals in the team to solve complex issues.
- Thoroughly checks soundness of own/team work and probes more deeply when confronted with inconsistent or interesting findings.
- Identify problems on a timely basis (during model development, training, validation, etc) and suggest solution to the wider team.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with knowledge of mathematics and statistics is a pre-requisite. Advanced degree in analytic discipline preferred (math, physics, finance, economics, engineering, etc.)
- Minimum five years related analytical work experience.
- Strong understanding of broad financial markets, including industry structure, trading practices, risk management techniques, and systems capabilities. Ability to handle multiple, complex projects with attention to detail while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills, including statistical and regression analysis.
- Strong data analysis and data management capabilities.
- Desire and aptitude to problem solve using system solutions such as advanced functions in Excel and Access; experience with VBA, SQL, and MATLAB strongly preferred.
- Experience in coding in quantitative area (e.g. Java, C#)
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, ambiguous working environment with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Detail oriented with a high level of energy.
- Proven self-starter with ability to work independently and within teams.
- Effective influencing, collaboration, relationship management, project management and partnering skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (presentational, active listening).
- Good technical writing skills (English), for supporting senior team members in preparation and update of technical documents for each model release and/or white papers.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.