Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Financial (OF) is advancing the way we save and pay for health care, connecting the worlds of health and finance in ways that no one else can. We are the leading provider of health benefit accounts, managing over 7 million accounts and $16 billion in assets. An emerging (health care) fintech supplier, Optum Pay processes over $200B in payments for over 1.8M providers and is innovating in new ways, offering payment and banking solutions that will help health plans and providers better manage their business so they can focus on what’s important to their members and patients.
As a member of the Optum Financial marketing team, this position is responsible for marketing new and existing payments and banking solutions to payers and providers. This marketing manager also leads the stop loss marketing plan and implementation including continuing education program for brokers. The successful candidate works within a highly matrixed environment, partnering closely with marketing leadership to develop strategy and supports execution through partnerships with various internal stakeholder groups.
The marketing manager will report to the Payments and Banking director of marketing. The candidate will help write the marketing plan and execute on it to support new and existing solutions targeted to payers and providers. You must have a thorough understanding of the payments cycle and the technology behind it.
You will wear several hats including developing the marketing and communications strategy, segmentation identification, deployment of plans and day-to-day project management. Excellent writing and communications skills to enable positioning, differentiation and editing are highly desired. Additionally, the ideal candidate must have demonstrated the ability to execute against multiple projects and excel in a fast paced, results oriented work environment where projects and initiatives may not always be defined – ability to work in the gray area.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with senior-level stakeholders to develop the Payments and Banking B2B marketing strategy, plans and campaigns, including cross promotional opportunities to drive activation and efficiencies
- Support current products with sales enablement initiatives, digital projects and multi-faceted communications with the aim of engaging providers and health plans
- Deliver B2B marketing plan for Stop Loss product, including events, sales collateral / support and continuing education course management
- Campaign management including list and database management, email creative and production, reporting and tracking
- Deliver regular reports of campaign results, including response analysis and evaluation of KPIs
- Brief and oversee the work of internal creative and external agencies
- Ensure that our brand and identity is adhered to in campaigns and in all communication channels
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA or BS degree, preferably in business or related field or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of professional level experience in financial services, banking, revenue cycle, credit card or payments industries
- 7+ years of B2B marketing experience, working in a highly matrixed organization, creating and managing marketing campaigns with multiple work streams and interdependencies
- 5+ years client management or agency experience
- Experience applying marketing analytics to inform marketing strategy including segmentation and targeting, measurement, and test / learn design and reporting
- Cross-functional project management experience
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Master’s degree in business, finance, marketing or related field
- Experience marketing to payers and providers
- Experience in the health care industry
- Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- High energy, detail oriented and creative
- Ability to multi-task and effectively shift back and forth from a variety of projects and priorities
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Marketing Manager, Payments, Banking, KPI's, Financial Industry Payments, Healthcare Marketing, Business to Business, B2B, Digital Marketing, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote