The Schedule Specialist in Community Based Services receives referrals from Central Intake and assigns patient care visits utilizing the operating system, in coordination with Team Leader , and consistent with the qualifications of professional and paraprofessional staff. Almost Family Medlink,
a part of LHC Group, is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Utilizes an automated scheduling system to maintain a calendar of services for both episodic and per visit customers.
- Processes workflow for requested scheduled, missed, rescheduled, reassigned, declined, and delivered visits .
- Monitors Pending Referrals daily and assigns licensed professional (LP) and case manager for all SOC visits
- Communicates daily with field staff regarding any visits unaddressed in late, pending, or incomplete status for resolution as appropriate.
- Runs Scheduling Request Report daily, completes requests as appropriate for Medicare week. Monitors productivity and distribution of regular visits for caregiver optimization, communicates with team leader as appropriate.
- Reviews Unverified Visit report daily. Communicates directly with field staff, team leader, branch manager as needed.
- Continually monitors action screen and processes all assigned tasks, coordination notes, admin tasks in timely manner
- Assists in coordination of scheduling and tracking all supervisory visits and therapy reassessment visits, as required per regulatory requirements.
- Attends and participates in annual in-service programs, workshops, continuing educational programs, seminars, etc
- High school education or equivalent
- Post high school education preferred.
- Minimum one year of scheduling experience in health care setting using an online scheduling system strongly preferred.
- Experience working in busy/high volume office preferred
- Exceptional organizational, customer service, communication, and decision making skills required.
- Working knowledge of state and federal regulations governing OASIS visits, supervisiory, and reassessment visits