Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Personnel Security AssistantPersonnel Security Assistant
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. Government, its allied partners and international organizations. As it enters its 60th year of business, PAE’s current portfolio of service offerings includes capabilities in training, logistics, aviation support, facility operations and maintenance, range services, security solutions, information management and support services, litigation support and data analytics to support complex missions for customers around the world. Today, the approximately 15,000 members of our global workforce perform with excellence and dedication in approximately 60 countries, on all seven continents, in some of the world's most challenging regions. We attribute our success to the quality of our work and the integrity and high ethical standards that define our business operations. PAE is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia.
The Personnel Security Assistant provides administrative and technical support for Federal and contractor staff engaged in personnel security operations and assuring the implementation and compliance with security programs, policies, and requirements. Hours of operation Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM until 4:00 PM eastern time, in Washington, D.C.
Provides personnel and administrative support of the overall operational objectives for the client’s personnel, the individual's specific duties are as follows, but are not limited to:
- Determines the appropriate level of background investigation to be conducted by OPM based on position designation via the OPM Automated Position Designation Tool;
- Validates need for investigation by conducting check of CVS;
- Establishes, reviews and monitors background investigation accounts and information in the e-QIP system;
- Initiates background investigations at the appropriate level in e-QIP;
- Conducts status checks on background investigations utilizing the PIPS system and internal case management systems.
- Tracks and monitors applicant progress in e-QIP and GSA US Access;
- Conducts credit bureau checks;
- Composes non-technical correspondence based on brief verbal instructions or written notes;
- Identifies potentially disqualifying information from applicant data and outlines findings for adjudicators;
- Provides advice and assistance regarding personnel security processing;
- Creates and maintains security and/or suitability files for applicants or contractors;
- Reviews all required documentation to ensure they are complete and accurate;
- Assists in training Federal and new contractor staff;
- Conducts inventory and quality checks;
- Reports results of adjudication via OPM 79A and/or CVS to OPM as required;
- Assists with building emergencies and OEP drills, as needed;
- Assists with Continuity of Operations (COOP) activations and drills, as needed; and,
- Other administrative personnel security operations tasks as assigned.
Minimum Experience & Education
- With a Bachelor's or Associate’s Degree, this position requires one year of personnel security related experience.
- If no degree, two years of personnel security related experience.
- Must possess a favorably adjudicated background investigation completed within the last five years at the BI, Tier 4 level or SSBI, Tier 5 level; and be able to maintain the favorable result throughout employment on the contract;
- Be detail oriented and have excellent data entry, office, and organizational skills;
- At least one year of experience working with Excel spreadsheets;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate simple practices, procedures, and policies both orally and in writing;
- Good customer service skills and demonstrated ability to interact with a variety of people;
- Practical knowledge of commonly applied personnel security principles, concepts, and methodologies in carrying out a variety of support assignments; and,
- Ability and be willing to learn the basic functions and operations of all systems associated with personnel security processing.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
URL blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply
Setting Up Files