DNV-Energy Systems is recruiting a Project Manager (Solar/Wind/Storage) – M&A Advisory Services that will be responsible for technical and operational leadership for project management and technical advisory services in support of the M&A Advisory Service team. This team provides independent engineering, technical due diligence, and advisory services primarily in support of mergers & acquisitions (M&A) and portfolio financing of development and operational renewable energy assets for diverse customers in the North American market. Services may also include projects or portfolios globally. Services from this team are delivered for both external as well as internal customers, depending upon the situation. The role will contribute to a high performing team of skilled staff both in and out of the M&A Advisory team, fostering collaboration, driving innovation, identifying opportunities for team growth, and delivering efficiencies.
This position is based out of our San Diego, CA; Oakland, CA; Portland, OR; Seattle, WA; Austin, TX; Katy, TX; Medford, MA; Chalfont, PA; Dublin, OH office.
Tasks May Include
- Execute activities related to independent engineering, technical due diligence, and advisory projects being undertaken by DNV GL, with emphasis on interdisciplinary thinking and approach.
- Execute project management and technical consulting work, support resourcing efforts, and coordinate execution by others inside and outside the M&A Advisory team (M&A Advisory resources, wind/solar IE, technical disciplines, international teams, etc.) to deliver projects with high quality and within allocated time and budget.
- Ensure technical advisory services are executed in alignment with the global service lines, with regional variations as approved.
- Think creatively and leverage experience and expertise to develop customer-centric solutions supported by appropriate methodology for wind and solar projects, including:
- Construction and operating contract review and support,
- Construction and operating cost estimates and considerations,
- Holistic project evaluation based on technology, design, contracting, and operating history,
- Site inspection and interviews,
- Asset management approaches,
- Operating report review,
- Industry benchmarking and screening studies,
- Working flexibly and in partnership with customers to identify value and address risks and opportunities in M&A transactions.
- Perform technical checking and manage approval of work product.
- Prepare or coordinate standard and non-standard proposals and bids in consultation with the customer to ensure needs are being addressed.
- Serve as primary customer contact for M&A Advisory projects.
- Drive innovation efforts and coordination with other internal and external stakeholders as pertains to M&A work, including feedback of knowledge to pre-construction diligence work and digitalization efforts.
- With Head of Section, contribute to business development efforts for the Section, including cultivating new customer relationships, establishing new business lines, and cross-selling opportunities for other DNV GL services.
- Adhere to the DNV GL system for quality management, including liaising with QHSE leadership on developing procedures, instructions, guidelines, and checklists in order to ensure quality services produced in the Section.
- Ensure that project personnel are aware of the QHSE procedures and the importance of their contribution to the achievement of quality objectives.
- Identify and implement preventive and corrective actions in response to deviations, observations and nonconformities in consultation with the Head of Section.
- Follow-up on incidents, hazards and occupational health issues, including implementation of appropriate actions in consultation with the Head of Section.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, energy systems, environmental science, or closely related field from accredited four-year university.
- 7+ years of experience, including 5+ years demonstratable experience in the solar, wind, or storage industry in North America, including exposure to project financing.
- Knowledge of renewable energy project lifecycle, including: project contracts (EPC, equipment procurement, IA, PPA, etc), economics (CAPEX and OPEX), asset management, general technology and performance issues, transmission/curtailment issues, BoP infrastructure, energy production assessment, and technical risks associated with renewable projects (similar knowledge of wind projects is preferred).
- Working knowledge of project finance fundamentals, as well as transaction mechanics and financial closing processes.
- Knowledge of QHSE
- Leadership talent, strong team orientation, and the ability to collaborate.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Skilled in MS Office Suite.
- Work at a standing or sitting desk for long periods of time
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Able to inspect solar projects, including rooftop work, with appropriate gear preferred, but not essential
- Walk over rough or slippery terrain as experienced on heavy construction or operations sites;
- Work in inclement weather conditions on occasion.
- Regular domestic and international travel up to 20%
- Must have a current driver’s license.
- We conduct pre-employment background and drug screening
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**
- Advanced degree in engineering or Business
- Commercial attitude, a strategic mindset, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Project Manager, M&A Advisory – Solar/Wind/Storage visit our website at www.dnvgl.comCompany & Business Area Description
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. Operating in more than 100 countries, our professionals are dedicated to helping customers in the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables and other industries to make the world safer, smarter and greener.Company & Business Area Description
DNV Renewables Advisory North America is recruiting a Project Manager (Solar/Wind/Storage) – M&A Advisory Services that will be responsible for technical and operational leadership for project management and technical advisory services in support of the M&A Advisory Service team. This team provides independent engineering, technical due diligence, and advisory services primarily in support of mergers & acquisitions (M&A) and portfolio financing of development and operational renewable energy assets for diverse customers in the North American market. Services may also include projects or portfolios globally. Services from this team are delivered for both external as well as internal customers, depending upon the situation. The role will contribute to a high performing team of skilled staff both in and out of the M&A Advisory team, fostering collaboration, driving innovation, identifying opportunities for team growth, and delivering efficiencies.Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Mergers And Acquisitions