Collaboration drives Nordson’s success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson MEDICAL designs, engineers and manufactures complex devices and components with applications in wound healing, surgical and minimally invasive, fluid management, pulmonology and interventional and structural heart. Our pioneering Advanced Polymers team was the first to manufacture and supply medical balloons to the medical device industry. Nordson MEDICAL works with doctors, start-ups and large medical companies around the world at any point in the product lifecycle, from concept to launch and beyond.
The Sr Buyer Planner is responsible for the purchase of production and MRO materials, the management of strategic inventory purchases, and the scheduling of manufacturing orders. This individual will work within the Supply Chain department to meet material demand and ensure on-time delivery while reducing inventory burden. Also, the Sr buyer planner will oversee all aspects of the master production schedule for their assigned value stream(s) and or site(s) and will lead activities to maintain inventory control and accurate material records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assure the compliance of defined supply chain strategic goals.
- Responsible for maintaining Mexico vendor and material maintenance within the ERP system.
- Manage all min/max inventory levels for purchased goods and sub-assemblies.
- Responsible for issuing purchase orders for non-MRO materials to approved suppliers.
- Responsible for issuing purchase orders for MRO materials.
- Create and maintain inventory reorder points within the ERP system.
- Ensure materials are available prior to the scheduled production start date.
- Manage offsite operations for non-MRO production work orders.
- Develop detailed master schedule and production schedule for assigned value stream(s) and or site(s), organize and formulate information to confirm delivery dates, manufacturing capacities, available manpower, etc. to best meet customer want dates and demand volumes.
- Maintain surveillance over orders in process to keep informed of the manufacturing status, to keep workflow in conformity with schedules to keep sales personnel and management appraised of the order status. Consistently update plan dates in the order entry system accordingly as changes occur to ensure revenue forecasts are accurate and planned delivery dates are reliable for customer communication purposes.
- Proactively interact with production staff to ensure problems are solved quickly and efficiently to facilitate schedule adherence and on-time customer delivery.
- Assess impact of material shortages, engineering changes, and non-conforming materials and develops recovery and contingency plans to minimize schedule impact.
- Proactively and promptly notify the Materials Manager to scheduling conflicts and late material deliveries.
- Collect information needed from suppliers and required prior importing materials into Mexico.
- Participate in meetings with customers as required to provide detailed information on commitment dates and recovery plans, past shipment information, changes to future delivery dates as may be driven by customer-requested changes or internal issues and provide background to educate customers on issues that may impact deliveries to customers and what feasible alternatives or compromises may exist to improve dates as needed.
- Assume responsibility for supervision of the warehouse personnel in absence of the Manager within policy limitations to resolve day-to-day production problems.
- Report writing:
- Provide supplier performance metrics (monthly)
- Shortage reports (weekly)
- Every employee must always work following safety manual guidelines and is expected to have good manners to assure the highest level of working environment.
- Acts as an executive sponsor for department strategic projects
- Strongly participate on internal and external audits
- Participate in the year-end physical inventory process.
- Other duties as assigned, verbal and written.
- Participate in cycle counting in warehouse.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or Experience-equivalent
Required Length & Type of Experience:
• 5+ years related experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA’s):
- APIC/CPIM’s accreditations are highly recommended.
- According to qualifications, position can be assigned as Junior or Senior.
- Knowledge of medical device manufacturing
- Be motivating, proactive and have ability to promote / create a positive and productive change in people that make up the production team.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish. Ability to write and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one to customers and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to remain calm and courteous in tense situations.
- Ability to develop an understanding and practice of Nordson values and competencies.
- Values cultural diversity and other differences; fosters an environment where people who are culturally diverse can work together cooperatively and effectively in achieving organizational goals.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Office, Control Environment area environments
- Employee may be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Employee may occasionally be required to traverse through office and/or manufacturing locations.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information.
- Employee will be required to observe and assess information received via computer.
- Requires use of computer, telephone, and operation of a motor vehicle.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Occasional regional travel.
- Occasional overnight travel.
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation.
- Job requires visitation of to various Nordson and customer sites, which have varying environments/conditions, layouts, and accessibility.
NOTE: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility nor does it imply an employment agreement.
- Inventory Control
- Cycle Counting
- Physical Inventory
- Customer Service