To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Luis Obispo, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Garbage Truck Driver
Waste Connections Inc • San Luis Obispo, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Job TitleGarbage Truck Driver
Requisition Primary LocationSan Luis Obispo, California
WANTED! - Talented CDL Driver
Looking for a Career Path with a G R O W I N G Company?!
As a member of our elite team of Drivers, you will feel like you’re a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal, making our Customer Service the best in the industry! Do you have a Class B CDL? Does driving a LOCAL route every day sound great? If the answer is Yes, then you’re who were looking for!
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE:WCN) – We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services. The Company serves more than 7.5 million residential, commercial and industrial customers across 45 states and 6 Canadian Provinces.
Click here to view a “Day in the Life” of our Drivers: http://www.maddash.net/videos/waste-connections/driver
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
We are looking for a safety conscience Local Driver to join the team at our Hauling location in San Luis Obispo, CA. Ability to work Tuesday - Saturday is a must. Previous waste experience would be a huge plus!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to safely operate a garbage truck on specified routes to collect solid waste. Waste experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, with an occasional Saturday as needed, 45 hour work week.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement as a minimum.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
Education:High School (Required)
Certification(s):Class B Commercial Drivers License with Air Brakes Endorsement - Department of Transportation