Seeking an experienced Mid-level electrical engineer to join the team responsible for the production and integration in support of the Torpedo Systems Group (TSG) products used aboard Navy submarines, ships, and aircraft. The Production Engineering Department is comprised of Electrical Engineers, Test Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, and Manufacturing Engineers whose overall responsibility is to provide engineering support to production operations. Engineering support of ongoing and future engineering development efforts will also be provided, including but not limited to NPI (New Product Introduction), equipment/tooling development and implementation, and documentation creation and maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Interface with Development Engineering and Subject Matter Experts for guidance to drive production baseline changes and support test system updates.
* Assist in analyzing, verifying, documenting electrical performance meets expected requirements for design change proposals.
* Integrate, test, troubleshoot, verify hardware and test software applications.
* Lead and assist Failure Analysis Corrective Action Report (FACAR) reporting to effectively resolve production and product issues. This includes planning, documenting, and performing root cause analysis for a given issue; reporting for and supporting peer review of findings and proposed resolutions.
* Drafting and maintaining product documentation (including procedures, drawings, etc.).
* Assist Engineering Teams in building/validation of production tools and fixtures.
* Conduct continuous improvement efforts in production product and process in order to improve quality, cost, manufacturing efficiency.
* Develop technical presentations, recommendations, and written communications to explain failure identification, analysis, root cause, corrective action, to program management and the Navy customer team.
* Provide training to new operators and provide technical assistance and support the manufacturing department as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Demonstrated ability to set priorities, identify and address problems, meet deadlines and stay within cost/schedule/performance targets.
* Successful candidates will be able to steadily develop knowledge/expertise across the various tactical baselines and platforms.
* Successful candidates will be able to rapidly adapt to handling electronic systems technical issues found in system integration labs and during production.
* Successful candidates will be reliable and motivated to complete assigned tasking.
* Understanding of systems and electronics troubleshooting skills.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security clearance.
* B.S. (or higher) degree in Electrical Engineering or a related technical field (or equivalent experience) is required.
* Greater than 5 years engineering experience required.
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact our recruiting department at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Production Electrical Engineer (#576905)
. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Production Electrical Engineer (#576905)
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a high-tech business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
Progeny Systems has a proven track record of transitioning numerous SBIR contract awards into full-scale production and has also successfully competed with large defense corporations. Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
* United States Navy
* United States Air Force
* United States Army
* Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
* National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)
- Business Process Improvement
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Electrical Engineering
- Failure Analysis