You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Required Security Clearance: None
State/Territory: District of Columbia
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Schedule: Full Time
DoD 8570 IAT Requirement: None
DoD 8570 IAM Requirement: None
DoD 8570 IASAE Requirement: None
DoD CSSP Requirement: None
The Data Engineer is responsible for working with DoD, IC, and Federal customers to develop, deploy and configure data centric Zero Trust solutions. These solutions should adhere to Zero Trust best-practices, reference frameworks, regulations, and guidelines. Position requires interfacing with customer stakeholders and engineering teams. This position is 100% remote.
- Zero Trust Fundamentals
- Solid understanding of Zero Trust pillars, best practices, frameworks, and implementation strategies.
- Experience with data-centric security solutions, data engineering and policy models.
- Understanding of IC Data Encoding Specifications
- Enterprise Data Header (EDH)
- Trusted Data Format (TDF)
- Experience with design, development and implementation of data architectures, data standards, data tagging, and data formats to include XML, JSON, RDF and CSV.
- Experience with implementing database, data warehouse, or data analytics solutions.
- Experience with Splunk dashboards.
- Experience with data modeling and analytics in Python.
- Strong experience with cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, Oracle Cloud, and Google Cloud.
- Performs highly specialized and technical tasks associated with the most current and cutting-edge technologies.
- Coordinates with contract management and customer to ensure the problems have been properly defined and the solutions satisfy customer needs.
- Performs complex system development, design, modeling, analysis, integration, and sustainment of systems for new or existing computer systems within an Enterprise.
- Developing and implementing testing strategies and documenting results.
- Communicates with customers and teammates clearly and concisely.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Developing documentation on new or existing systems.
- Linux experience.
- Knowledge of federal policies, regulations, and standards:
- CISA Cloud Security Technical Reference Architecture
- CISA Zero Trust Maturity Model
- DoD Zero Trust Reference Architecture
- M-22-09 Federal Zero Trust Strategy
- National Security Systems Zero Trust Reference Architecture
- NIST CSWP Planning for a Zero Trust Architecture - A Starting Guide for Administrators
- NIST SP 800-207 Zero Trust Architecture
- Experience working with DIA.
Education and Experience
- HS/GED + 14 years
- Associates Degree + 12 years
- Bachelor’s Degree + 10 years
- Master’s Degree + 8 years
- PhD + 6 years
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification
- AWS Certified Data Analytics – Specialty
- Data Science Council of America (DASCA) Associate Big Data Engineer
- Data Science Council of America (DASCA) Senior Big Data Engineer
- Google Professional Data Engineer
- Cloudera Certified Professional (CCP) Data Engineer
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate
- Forrester's Zero Trust Strategy
- SAS Certified Big Data Professional
- None - Ability to obtain a security clearance
- TS / SCI with Poly clearance preferred
Our Pay & Benefits Include Compensation
- Above Market Pay
- Up to $10,000 for Referral Bonuses
- Additional Bonuses for Exceptional Performance and Assisting with Business Development and Company Growth
- 100% Paid Premiums for Health Insurance. Choose from over 60 gold-level medical plans from Aetna, CareFirst BCBS, Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare. Choose from PPO, EPO, POS, HMO, and HSA-compatible plans with Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account Options.
- 100% Paid Premiums for Dental Insurance
- 100% Paid Premiums for Vision Insurance
- 100% Paid Premiums for Short-Term Disability
- 100% Paid Premiums for Long-Term Disability
- 100% Paid Premiums for Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- 100% Paid Premiums for Basic Term Life Insurance
- 8% Company Contribution to 401k with Immediate Vesting of Contributions and Pre-Tax and Roth Options
- Up to 25 Days of Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 11 Days of Paid Floating Holidays
- Flexible Work Schedules including Flex Time and Compressed Work Period
- Remote Work including Partial or Fully Remote.
- Amazon Web Services
- Big Data
- Certified Information Security Manager
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing Security
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: fcHbnI
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.