To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minneapolis, MN 55401
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Graphics Software Engineer - Innovation Centers
Turner Construction • Minneapolis, MN
Posted 16 days ago
We are currently establishing a number of innovation centers around the globe for the research and development of critical technologies to address our broad range of operations and enable our digital transformation. We are leveraging advancements in AI and machine learning to enhance productivity, reduce risks, protect workers and develop future business opportunities.
Role and Responsibilities:
Provide support to graphic software engineers related to the work of our innovation centers including prototyping, developing and managing various tech solutions. Design and manage the data storage and rendering of complex 3D geometry and environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adhere to technical requirements and roadmaps for the development of state of the art graphics systems for 3 dimensional modeling related to the construction/ engineering process
• Assist in architecting and prototyping end to end solutions to aid in the visualization of the construction process
• Execute development for short and long term software engineering projects
• Collaborate with senior engineers and scientists in the development of 3D, 4D & 5D solutions
• Mentor engineers and student interns, and develop criteria for their evaluation
• Collaborate within a cross functional team, adding value on projects outside of specialization area
• Continuously improve your own skills and knowledge, and that of your team; identify workshops, classes, and other resources
• Work with industry standard CAD, BIM systems and other 2D/ 3D graphics systems used in the construction industry
• Perform other duties as required.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline with experience and interest in working with 3D graphics programming, working on computer vision applications, or building modeling tools for engineers in CAD or related environments or other graphics programming intensive projects
• Masters degree in Computer Science or related discipline is a plus
• Experience working within a broad range of software projects
• Experience using various performance tuning and optimization tools to debug identify and eliminate performance bottlenecks
• Experience with ObjectARX and associated toolchains a plus
• Experience with OpenGL based technologies a plus
• Experience with browser/DOM programming a plus
• Experience with Autodesk Forge a plus
• Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues
• Knowledge of storage and manipulation of shape primitives
• Knowledge of a breadth of tools for the manipulation and analysis of 3D environments
• GPU programming
• Some understanding of differential geometry, numerical methods, sampling theory, and a desire to build expertise in the more mathematical aspects of graphics engineering
• A good understanding of Autodesk products
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy weight.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor