Eaton's Vehicle Group, Royal Power Solutions business is currently seeking a Testing Lab Supervisor to join our team at our Carol Stream, IL manufacturing facility. Relocation assistance is available!
We make the electric revolution work. Every day, we work to improve people's lives and the environment by making power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe, and sustainable.
Preparing for the electrified future of mobility takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
Our team is collaborating with companies to innovate the transportation technologies of the future, creating efficient vehicles that travel faster, farther, higher, and safer at a lower overall cost to the consumer and the environment.
The Testing Lab Supervisor will provide leadership and direction for the testing group within the Carol Stream manufacturing site. They will be responsible for performance with respect to safety & the environment, quality, and on time delivery of projects. They will be the first-line contact between testing employees and lab management staff. This role is also responsible for portions of design, development, fabrication, validation, installation, support and troubleshooting of test equipment and testing programs.
In this role you will:
* Develop test equipment specifications ensuring compliance with electrical safe work practices, hazard identification / remediation, and OSHA requirements in support of zero incident safety culture (ZISC). Identify potential safety hazards and provides input into the remediation process, ensuring equipment functionality meets required specifications
* Align cross-functional resources, schedules, projects, and other programs with facility needs among production, quality, supply chain, maintenance, engineering, environment, health and safety to achieve unified plant goals (hi-5, production, finance)
* Provide guidelines for designing, selecting, supporting, servicing, and troubleshooting of test equipment and electrical systems, testing protocols, test data collection, and best practices to improve quality, safety and throughout of the test process
* Support testing function and associated functional needs to support customer expectations, financial performance, and key operational performance indicators (safety, quality, delivery, cost, inventory)
* Coach, mentor, train, and guide test lab employees as supervisor of testing team to achieve personal, career, and professional goals utilizing the Eaton Leadership Model, talent selection process, employee listening processes, performance development tools and other managerial methods
* Utilize continuous improvement framework (CIF), cost out, kaizen, business process improvement, rapid improvement event structured problem solving, and other methods to create a lean culture and increase operational performance.
* Establish a world-class laboratory in both test and measurement techniques and maintenance of the laboratory facilities.
* Provide testing services for all aspects of the Engineering development process.
* Provide weekly schedules for testing activities along with measured time to completion metrics, focusing on continuous improvement
* Ability to work with all internal departments and coordinate testing priorities
* Maintain test lab equipment and calibration records in accordance with ISO 17025 requirements
* Assist in ISO 17025 internal audits
* Supervise and direct Test Technicians to achieve agreed upon schedules
* Conduct testing as needed (emphasis on USCAR-2 testing)
* Assist with construction of prototypes, tooling, and test fixtures as needed
* Purchase consumables and equipment for lab when required
* Work with lab manager to expand test capabilities by purchasing of new equipment
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree in engineering from an accredited institution
* Minimum 3 years of testing experience
* Minimum 1 year leadership, mentoring, or training within a manufacturing or engineering environment (direct or indirectly)
* Experience in electrical and mechanical (force, vibration) testing procedures and protocols
* Sponsorship is not available for this position; you must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship now and in the future
* Presentation and facilitation knowledge with skills in teaching, training, and developing employees.
* Ability to read and comprehend technical drawings and specifications
* Knowledge and hands on experience of USCAR-2 testing specification
* Experience with lean, six sigma, and/or continuous improvement.
* Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
* Bi-lingual (Spanish and English)
* 3+ years' experience in electrical or mechanical engineering, design, troubleshooting, and/or testing
* Knowledge of ISO 17025
* Proficient with CAD software
* Green Belt or Black Belt certified
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
* Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
* Healthcare/retirement savings programs
* Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
* Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
* Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
* Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
At Eaton, we know that good benefit plans are important to employees and their families. In addition to a competitive base salary, Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits at a Glance.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call
or send an email to: [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Innovation Test Center Supervisor
Eaton is an intelligent power management company dedicated to improving the quality of life and protecting the environment for people everywhere. We are guided by our commitment to do business right, to operate sustainably and to help our customers manage power - today and well into the future. By capitalizing on the global growth trends of electrification and digitalization, we're accelerating the planet's transition to renewable energy, helping to solve the world's most urgent power management challenges, and doing what's best for our stakeholders and all of society. Founded in 1911, Eaton has been listed on the NYSE for nearly a century. We reported revenues of $19.6 billion in 2021 and serve customers in more than 170 countries.
Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company's operations by at least 50 percent by 2030.
Eaton is committed to having a workforce that is diverse and non-discriminatory at all levels, reflecting the diversity of our customers and the varied environments in which we conduct business around the world. Our success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best people unlimited by race, color, social or economic status, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any protected status. Eaton follows relevant non-discrimination laws and regulations in the countries where we operate. It is the policy of the Company to make all decisions regarding employment, including hiring, compensation, training, promotions, transfers, or lay-offs, based on the principle of equal employment opportunity as defined above.
Region: North America - US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
- Business Process Improvement
- Coaching And Mentoring