The Senior Compliance Officer will assist the Deputy Chief and Chief Compliance Officers in managing the risks associated with federal and state banking laws and regulations. Individuals in this position are expected to work independently and provide comprehensive analysis of compliance projects assigned to them. Senior compliance officers are expected to act as mentors and go to persons for other members of the compliance and bank staff. In the event that both the Deputy and Chief Compliance Officers are unavailable they must be able to step in and manage the day to day operations of the Regulatory Compliance Department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of bank regulations by attending regulatory compliance seminars and webinars.
- Develop effective compliance monitoring programs.
- Review and analyze advertising materials by performing research to determine what regulations impact the product and if any changes need to be made to the advertisement.
- Conduct research in response to questions from other departments of the bank.
- Assist and/or manage regulatory compliance examinations from the OCC and CFPB.
- Assist in developing training materials and conducting training sessions.
- Assist in developing senior management presentations.
- Bank Regulations
- Self Motivation
- Web Conferencing
- Regulatory Compliance