Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges-and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day-working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE-and make a difference with us.
The Cyber Physical & Mobile Technology department is seeking qualified candidates for 2 Group Leader (GL) positions. The GL will be a member of the department's leadership team and will impact all aspects of leading and managing a dynamic and growing work program. The GL's primary role is to serve as coach and mentor and help his or her group members grow, learn, and progress in their careers. The GL will be the first line supervisor to group staff, creating an environment that inspires excellence and meaningful purpose.
The GL will also be responsible for communication between the Cyber Infrastructure Protection Innovation Center (CIPIC) and project leadership and recruiting new team members to support the department's projects. In addition, the GL will also be a strong contributor to the department/innovation center work program. Although there is not a location requirement, the GL must be willing to spend time virtually and in person with group members who will primarily be located in McLean and Bedford.
* Actively contribute to technical work programs developing high quality technical products resulting in significant customer impact
* Mentor and provide technical support to staff, conducting regular performance and development conversations and communication with Project or Task Leads on performance
* Identify appropriate project opportunities where staff can leverage and develop skills and create impact
* Ensure staff work is aligned with division and department strategy and maximize staff potential, development and engagement
* Foster a respectful, inclusive and collaborative work environment
* Engage in recruiting activities such as interviewing, hiring and onboarding to grow the department's capacity and capabilities
* Develop a deep understanding of the department's and innovation center's capabilities to be able to make connections across the innovation center, MITRE Labs and MITRE as a whole
* Seek opportunities to collaborate across programs, innovation centers and facilitate open sharing of the work programs and technical knowledge areas with other managers and staff
* Bachelor's degree and 8 years of related experience; or Master's degree with 6 years of related experience; or a PhD with 3 years' experience; or equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
* Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or similar field and 8 years of experience.
* Demonstrate excitement for MITRE's values and mission.
* Possess technical expertise and be a thought leader in a technology or domain applicable to the Cyber Physical/ICS/Mobile domain which includes the operations of and cyber protections for:
* Cyber physical systems
* Industrial control systems
* Critical Infrastructure (Electrical Power, Water & Wastewater, Facilities, etc.)
* Mobile technologies
* Embedded Systems
* Internet of Things (IOT)
* Cyber Safety
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with teams, various sponsors, and across MITRE as appropriate. This includes leveraging relationships and experience to benefit staff and work programs.
* Excellent writing and communication skills
* Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD-Secret level security clearance
* Ability to obtain and maintain DHS-Secret Fitness level security clearance
* Experience with embedded system firmware or real-time operating systems.
* Experience with OT network monitoring including serial, Ethernet, wireless, etc.
* Experience with OT adversary emulation.
* Working knowledge of cybersecurity policies and standards related to ICS/SCADA.
* Ability to apply knowledge of Cyber Physical /OT/ICS/SCADA, security engineering to address new cyber defense/resiliency techniques.
* Possess strong writing and communication skills.
This requisition requires the candidate to have a minimum of the following clearance(s):
This requisition requires the hired candidate to have or obtain, within one year from the date of hire, the following clearance(s):
Subject to all federal and state laws, rules and regulations, MITRE requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. MITRE will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who are legally entitled to an exemption under applicable laws so long as it does not create an undue hardship for MITRE and/or does not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of the employee or others in the workplace.
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of age; ancestry; color; family medical or genetic information; gender identity and expression; marital, military, or veteran status; national and ethnic origin; physical or mental disability; political affiliation; pregnancy; race; religion; sex; sexual orientation; and any other protected characteristics. For further information please visit the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission website EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Poster-Supplement and Pay Transparency.
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE's employment process, please contact MITRE's Recruiting Help Line at
or email at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to L541 Cyber Group Leader
Copyright © 1997-2021, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only.
Benefits information may be found here
- Classified Information
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Computer