To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Intrepid Healthcare Services • Dallas, TX
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity with a national leader of personalized health care – this is your chance to join us at Intrepid USA! We are a national company with a local perspective, and working with us, you'll find that what we do is all about what matters the most – helping patients live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Our innovative approach gives patients access to the highly experienced clinical teams and up-to-date programs you would expect from a large company and combines them with the flexible, dedicated and personalized care you may expect from a smaller company.
Due to our continued growth, we are seeking a highly organized Authorization/Verification Specialist to verify eligibility and obtain authorization for all new and continuous patients. At Intrepid, we focus on the heart of the matter – providing talented health-care professionals, giving them opportunities to follow their passion, and ultimately giving patients the best care available for home health care, hospice and private duty care.
As a Authorization/Verification Specialist you will implement the enrollment history of all insurance coverage including commercial medicare advantage, workers compensation insurance, as well as all State and Federal programs. Must have a full comprehensive understanding of insurance carriers, plans and products related to home healthcare as well as medical terminology. This position researches, determines and implements action necessary to ensure all requirements are met for full payment prior to providing services. Ensures all are aware of patient responsibility and request LOA (letter of agreement) if necessary. Act as point of contact providing benefit management assistance to locations, members and collectors. Must accurately enter and update payor information plus verify and obtain authorization accurately to ensure that accounts are set up to expedite the authorization and verification process. Accurately update verification and authorization information into an electronic record to expedite the process.
Additional duties for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Verify Medicaid, Medicare and insurance coverage through software system and/or direct contact with insurance payor
- Review the insurance verification and complete the authorization process within established time frames
- Verify home health care benefits coverage within 24 hrs. to determine if patient qualifies for services
- Notify agency of In and Out of network benefits in order to determine if agency wants to accept patient.
- Notify agency of non-eligible verification and request additional payor information to complete the verification process.
- Submit information to various insurance companies to request authorization
- Work closely with the agencies to ensure that all information is accurate to submit for authorization
- Responsible for following up on all authorizations to ensure that all visits are covered
- Work closely with the agencies to ensure that the authorization and the verification process is being followed and implemented properly.
- Ensure that all information is placed into the electronic records within a timely manner
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all agencies and payors
We are looking for an Authorization/Verification Specialist who is highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to effectively work both independently or in a team setting. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Specific qualifications for this role include:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum two (2) years experience as an authorization/verification specialist working high receivable in the Healthcare industry
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel and knowledge of obtaining authorization and verification
Join Intrepid USA – and make a real difference in the lives of our patients!