To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tempe, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Heartland Payment Systems • Tempe, AZ
Posted 4 days ago
Heartland School Solutions (a Global Payments Company) is looking for an Accounting Manager. Heartland School Solutions is the leading provider of nutrition software and secure payment solutions to public and private K-12 schools across the United States. Our products include school payments, point of sale, menu planning, nutrient analysis, ordering, inventory, and cloud services. Heartland currently supports over 35,000 schools in all 50 states.
Direct and monitor a variety of accounting activities to ensure the organization’s financial resources are managed in accordance with accounting principles, company policies, and comply with all relevant regulations, laws, and standards. The Accounting Manager is responsible for providing reliable, timely and accurate financial data compilation by reviewing and reconciling all accounts and performing efficient accurate month-end closes, as well as improving operational accounting processes and the internal controls over those processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accounts payable and receivable; general ledger maintenance; financial analysis and reporting; budgeting, revenue, and asset accounting.
- Coordinate the month end close process, for example, prepare journal entries, review journal entries, assist in gathering information, prepare and review recompilations as required, etc.
- Review financial reports and accounting statements to ensure their accuracy.
- Participate in accounting projects as necessary, for example, accounting for acquisitions, system implementations, conversion issues, etc.
- Recommend improvements to process flows, processes and procedures as appropriate.
- Provide technical expertise and advice to functional or operational areas managers to help them develop revenue and expense budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities.
- Select and manage ongoing relationships with external consultants and advisors (e.g., accounting firms) to ensure the organization receives satisfactory standards of service.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of accounting professionals to ensure accounting activities are completed accurately and on time.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA certification required
- Minimum of eight or more years of experience with at least two years of management experience
- Expert knowledge of public and private accounting principles and practices
- Strong critical thinking skills, using logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions to problem
- Demonstrated supervisory experience necessary for training, motivating and directing staff, and successfully leading team-based projects
- Fully proficient in MS suite including Excel
- Ability to make accurate, independent decisions based on data provided
- Ability to understand the financial impact of decisions made and balance them with customer satisfaction
- Must be proactive, detailed and results oriented, and able to set priorities
- Knowledge of Oracle Financial software preferred
- Software accounting experience preferred
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.