To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Winchester, VA 22601
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Olgoonik • Winchester, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Perform full range of duties in the receipt, stow and issue of material. Ensure items being stowed meet requirements of MIL-STD 129N.
- Identify, examine, classify, accept, reject, and dispose of material as per DLA regulations. Examinations may be visual or require measuring devices and techniques under supervision of senior staff or management.
- Load material on and off skids, pallets, and stands.
- Operate tools and equipment in performance of duties.
- Receive data from and input data to DSS and other automated supply systems in performance of duties.
- Operate Material Handling Equipment (MHE) as assigned and hold appropriate license.
- Count, weigh, record data, apply tags and labels.
- Able to use basic processes of inspection/examination procedures for material.
- Able to read specifications, drawings, prints, schematics and photographs.
- Able to prepare reports relating to distribution functions.
- Able to make preventive maintenance adjustments to related equipment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned working with and around Hazardous Material.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum three years’ specific experience in material handling, supply, distribution, inspection, or related areas.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be proficient in the use of Distribution Standard System (DSS) and other automated distribution systems used at site.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite of products including, Word, Excel, Access and E-mail business software.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and have a strong attention for detail.
- Must be able to acquire license to use Material Handling Equipment (MHE)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Position requires U.S. Citizenship, a US Government background check and may require a US Government SECRET Clearance
If SECRET Clearance Level is required, candidate must also:
- Have a current US Government SECRET Personnel Security Clearance or be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered Investigation
- Be able to maintain a US Government SECRET clearance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
Works in shop/warehouse environment. Work involves repetitive motions and standing for long periods of time. Work is of a physical nature and requires the incumbent be able to lift 50 lbs overhead and/or repetitively.