Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic
subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical,
and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or training for subject and level assigned-preferred
- Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned
- Knowledge of core academic subject assigned
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- One-year student teaching or approved internship preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum
program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect
accommodations for differences in individual student differences.
2. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment,
and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned
and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency,
board policies, and administrative regulations.
3. Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
4. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special
education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
5. Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods
according to district requirements.
6. Plan and assign work to instructional aide(s) and volunteer(s) and oversee completion.
Student Growth and Development
7. Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
8. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities
approved by the campus principal.
9. Be a positive role model for students; support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
10. Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social,
and emotional development of students.
11. Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
12. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and
13. Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
14. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
15. Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents,
students, colleagues, and community members.
Professional Growth and Development
16. Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
17. Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
18. Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
19. Any and all other duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor.
- Direct the work of assigned instructional aide(s).
- Conflict Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Learning Styles
- Strategic Thinking