To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Miramar, FL
- Portia-Marie Enriquez
- Phone: 9547173536
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Commercial Lending Officer
Aerotek • Miramar, FL
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Summary: Individuals in the job are responsible for assisting the financial institution in the achievement of its purpose of guiding members successfully through the financial marketplace. This position is responsible for developing relationships with qualified prospects and identifying specific opportunities to convert them into qualified referrals for the lender. The individual in the position is also responsible for employing diverse communication strategies that will support the building of relationship and maintaining contacts within the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Adhere to the Service Standards of Excellence defined by the financial institution.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
- Generate, retain, and expand small business lending relationships with new and existing customers through referrals, centers of influence and direct prospecting.
- Call on existing or prospective small business clients in the in order to build new business and capitalize on opportunities.
- Initiates calls independently or with other lines of business to develop new business with prospects that have moderate and complex financial needs.
- Consistently meet established calling and referral targets. Maintain knowledge of industry trends, products, and technology to broaden new business opportunities.
- Assists with Interviews of prospective business loan customers, and assists in preparation of the credit/loan package to send to underwriting. Initiates loan application process and may act as a liaison between the loan processors, loan underwriters, appraisers, and the business members.
- Maintain relationships by visiting existing clients' place of business or real estate location in order to meet with business owners and/or assist with site inspections on real estate collateral and/or assist in collecting documents to assist lender with processing commercial loans.
- Provides support in identifying target market segments in order to secure the financial institution's position as a broad-based provider of commercial financial services based on member trust and loyalty.
- Provide support in the development of business relationships and effectively communicates to pursue leads, close business, and cross-sells consumer and business services.
- Provide support in maintaining business relationships including but not limited to builders, doctors, lawyers, accountants, dentists, key business owners, and real estate vendors to maintain community awareness of Credit Union products and services.
- Provides support in ensuring effective sales and product presentations for outside prospects.
- Ensure the sound analysis and lending procedures are followed. Act in compliance with the Credit Union Business Lending Policy.
- Provide support in ensuring the loan files are up to date and compliant for audit of business loan files. Provides support in ensuring the quality of work and quality of documentation of the business loan files.
- Assists with compiling information, preparing required reports, and ensures timely delivery of reports to appropriate department.
- Interviews current and potential members for loan products, prepares loan requests, and ensures that all required documents are complete and accurate according to policies, procedures and regulations.
- Analyzes the applicant business' to determine the feasibility of granting the loan request.
- Consistently maintains a professional, respectful, and courteous approach when interacting with member/owners and internal contacts to maintain quality service.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS or BA degree required, or appropriate experience may be substituted
- Three to Five years' experience in banking commercial lending
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, both oral and written
- An individual in this position is required to interact regularly with all credit union employees and external parties such as realtors, business leaders, and closing agents etc., therefore outstanding interpersonal skills are a must.
- Ability to facilitate presentations to individuals and groups
- Individual in the position must be performance driven and capable of training others.
- Analytical thinking required
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.