Facility Energy Manager (Experienced Level Professional)
Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is hiring!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
The Facility Energy Manager is responsible for leading progress in reducing the energy consumption and CO2 emission through leading projects while building a facility mentality of conservation.KEY EXPECTED ACHIEVEMENTS
- Evaluates facility energy usage and designs an energy program that increases efficiency, reduces CO2 footprint of the facility and reduces costs aligned with the company's mid- and long-term ambitions
- Maintains a solid understanding of utility systems and equipment
- Provides an annual and monthly forecast for the facility budget
- Applies the current company and industry best practices for energy conservation
- Performs energy audits to determine improvements needed.to resolve where energy is wasted
- Analyzes energy performance indicators and ensures necessary actions taken
- Maintains utility consumption records and the computerized database for the site
- Reports monthly energy consumption data monthly and ensures the accuracy of the data
- Is an active participant in capital project reviews ensuring all new equipment and process evolutions meet future requirements aligned to the facility energy strategy
- Participates with purchasing in developing energy contract optimizations
- Supports and coaches throughout the facility to improve overall energy consumption via awareness campaigns and periodic communications
- Participates in energy diagnostics and benchmarking within the Energy Manager network.
- Applies strong quantitative and technical skills to develop new insights for projects and leads capital projects targeting energy savings
- Participates in professional development networks to better understand the industry trends and technology and to develop teamwork internally and externally to the company
- Develops utility management measures and digital dashboards related to building heating/cooling, electrical usage, efficient irrigation practices, reclaimed water, potable water conservation, compressed air and steam usage.
- Collaborate with the Maintenance and Operations areas for implementing measures to reduce utility usage
- Engineering Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Project Management experience
- Industrial Experience is preferred
- Good facilitation of progress projects / comfortable speaking in front of groups
- Previous experience with forecasting of fixed / variable costs
- Good communicator, works and interacts well with other employees
- Good examples of previously led projects / progress initiatives
- Word / Excel / Power Point proficiency
- OSI PI knowledge is a plus
#LI-TN1Moving Forward Together: Apply Today!
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles.
Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and solutions that help make mobility safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. To create unique mobility experiences, Michelin publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases.
Headquartered in Greenville, S.C.,Michelin North America employs more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants in the U.S. and Canada.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelin's status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
• Forbes list of "Most Diverse Place to Work" and "Best Employer for New Grads"
• Fortune list of "World Most Admired Companies"
• Voted on the top 50 Employers list by the readers of Minority Engineer magazine, Women Engineer magazine and STEM Workforce Diversity magazine.
• Top Company for Women to work for in Transportation.
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will come for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
• Paternity leave
• Maternity leave
• Tuition reimbursement
• Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
• Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
• 529 college savings plan
• A 401(k) match
• Free tires based upon years of service
• An Employee Assistance Program
• A relocation assistance program
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Facility Energy Manager (Experienced Level Professional)
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship
- Compressed Air
- Diagnostic Skills