To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Associate Director, Private Equity Fund Accounting - SS&C Technologies
SS&C Technologies Inc • San Francisco, CA
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. is a global provider of financial services software and software-enabled services. Founded in 1986, SS&C has built the most comprehensive powerhouse of software technology in the financial services industry – technology that complements our unrivaled expertise and professionalism in fund administration, insurance and pension funds, and asset and wealth management accounting and operations. Named by Forbes as one of America’s best midsize employers, SS&C has more than 20,000 employees and 15,000 clients worldwide, and is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, and Australia.
This position will be based at 580 California Street, San Francisco, CA 94104
Associate Director – Private Equity Accounting will lead a team responsible for transaction processing, proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions, and financial reporting, for private equity fund (alternative investment) clients.
The Associate Director will be responsible for a broad spectrum of financial and accounting matters affecting our Private Equity clients. Associate Director should have a strong background in accounting for alternative investment funds, with a focus on private equity, proven client management skills, and the ability to manage and lead a team in monitoring client deliverables and meeting deadlines. Additionally, the Associate Director is responsible for exercising sound judgment regarding the proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions.
- Manage multiple fund relationships, including scheduling and meeting all client deliverables
- Maintain/manage client expectations and coordinate deliverables timelines with staff
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of accounting, specifically with respect to alternative investment funds, with a focus on private equity funds
- Participate in new business discussions with prospects and existing clients
- Prepare and maintain goals and career development plans for all direct reports
- Prepare semiannual performance appraisals and discussions for all direct reports
- Provide guidance and direction to staff on all technical and client-service-related topics
- Review fund governing documents, offering documents, subscription documents, side letters, and investment management agreements, in order to ensure proper application of fund terms
- Review all transaction documentation and supporting files, and understand the features of the investment transactions, accruals, etc.
- Review work paper files for accuracy and completeness, including capital activity, investment activity, income and expense accruals, valuation adjustments, etc.
- Review management fee calculations, including offsetable amounts, management fee waiver contributions, etc.
- Review investor allocations and capital account statements
- Review capital call and distribution calculations, sources/uses of cash, allocations, and investor notices
- Create, maintain, and/or review distribution waterfall (carried interest) models, in keeping with the applicable fund terms
- Prepare and/or review financial statements, notes disclosures, and supporting schedules
- Develop/maintain robust review procedures around deliverables
- Manage the year-end audit process, in collaboration with the client and auditors
- Where applicable, support the tax team with information to prepare tax compliance/reports
- Help develop and support targeted, continuing education for all direct reports
- Support corporate goals and business/departmental initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 10+ years experience in accounting, with a focus on alternative investments funds – private equity experience a plus
- CPA designation a plus
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other comprehensive basis of accounting, with an emphasis on investment partnerships
- 3+ years experience supervising two or more professional staff
- Directly responsible for hiring and termination decisions as well as providing continuous performance feedback to staff
- Hands-on management style with strong leadership skills and ability to develop staff
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with advanced Excel skills
- Sungard Investran experience a plus
- Team player
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
- Pay Type Salary