To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fairfax, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Operations Site Lead
American Tower • Fairfax, VA
Posted 29 days ago
The Operations Site Lead is American Tower’s frontline representation in the field with customers, vendors, and land owners and supports the Network Operations department as well as various interdepartmental objectives. The Operations Site Lead collects data from all assigned tower assets and maintains high standards of data quality. The Operations Site Lead uses multiple methods for data collection, including Unmanned Aircraft Systems (“UAS”). The incumbent must utilize sound judgement and time management skills to effectively manage site audits and vendor close-out packages and provide excellent customer service both internally and externally. The Operations Site Lead manages maintenance and repairs within a geographic area for all asset types, including towers, rooftop installations, fiber-based networks, and generators.
- Ensure all assigned assets meet the utmost level of safety and asset integrity through implementation of the Company’s Standard of Care and other management policies by identifying and documenting discrepancies and following through on needed remediation.
- Apply discretion when prioritizing work on a weekly basis.
- Utilize available internal systems to identify and resolve all outstanding issues on assets in assigned area/zone.
- Perform routine yearly site audits in an efficient and cost-effective manner utilizing UAS and other data collection tools.
- Effectively engage with customers and vendors to manage projects, ensuring timelines are met in pre-construction meetings, post construction site walks, and when gathering customer closeout data.
- Provide controls and oversight on the Company’s ground maintenance program by reviewing every vendor closeout package and resolving any discrepancies.
- Execute on regulatory, contractual, and compliance obligations.
- Meet customer service level agreements (SLAs) by responding quickly to any issues with the Company’s back-up generators or fiber-based networks.
- Provide emergency response to critical events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have, or within a year of hire obtain, FAA Part 107 Certification to operate UAS.
- Must be at least 21 years old, have a demonstrated safe driving record, and be able to travel extensively by car or truck.
- Ability to use discretion in setting priorities and resolving issues in accordance with Company best practices and standards.
- Basic knowledge of OSHA requirements applicable to the construction industry.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel, and ability to use additional company software applications.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of the wireless tower industry.
- Ability to work with different functional groups and levels of employees throughout the organization to effectively and professionally achieve results.
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment.
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to requests and with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions.
- Must be able to traverse developed and undeveloped construction sites.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in telecommunications or a related field required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Vendor management experience, real-estate management experience, or a civil construction background preferred.
- Wireless or ethernet backhaul experience preferred.
- Generator and power systems experience preferred.
- Knowledge of radio transmitters, receivers, antennas, or radio frequency preferred.
Approximately 25% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 20–30% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 50 pounds.