To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA 94114
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr Software Engineer (Ruby)
Kforce Technology • San Francisco, CA
Posted 16 days ago
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client that is seeking a Sr Software Engineer (Ruby) in San Francisco, California (CA). Responsibilities:
- Program daily in Ruby, Rails, AngularJS, Express and others
- Build out restful endpoints and lightweight aggregation layers
- Build out unit tests and other automated tests
- Build out new features and iterate on existing features
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability and performant applications
- Enable analytics via tag management and logs
- Help define architectures and design patterns
- Participate in code reviews
- Answer technical inquiries on code base and product
- Lead the way with writing programmatic unit tests
- Design to build programs to help kids, teens & families lose weight and live healthier
- Computer Science degree or equivalent academic or professional background
- Experience with Ruby on Rails in a production environment
- Experience with web services API integration (Rest, JSON, XML)
- Experience with RSpec or TestUnit/Minitest and a strong desire to use them
- Experience designing and implementing backend systems for mobile and web-based applications
- Experience incorporating Open Source subsystems into production code
- Experience modelling domain data in service and storage layers
- Experience working on Agile teams (pair programming, refactoring, story writing and estimation)
- Experience in mentoring and leading other Engineers
- Enjoys building features end-to-end, from HTML and CSS through the backend, including the database
- Understanding of efficient and effective schema use in databases within Postgres, MySQL or other relational databases
- Understanding of general user experience and UI design principles
- Ability to understand requirements and map to technical implementation
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Strong track record of shipping products
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT, SVN,
- Deployment experience with tools like Docker and Aptible/Heroku
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills