AK Steel, Rockport Works, currently has immediate openings for Maintenance Electrical Technicians in Rockport, IN. Maintenance Electrical Technicians are is responsible for providing safe and timely electrical support, preventative maintenance, installation, service, and repair of electrical equipment, systems, and other components of industrial machinery throughout the plant.
- Perform routine electrical inspections and planned maintenance to keep equipment operational.
- Assess the equipment operating condition and carry out appropriate repairs.
- Utilize knowledge and training to detect electrical equipment malfunction
- Inform and discuss machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose electrical problem or repair machine.
- Utilize a CMMS system to prepare requests for maintenance services (RMS) providing detailed information to expedite repairs.
- Utilize electrical drawings or standards to inspect parts to ensure they conform to purchase orders.
- Dismantle defective machines and electrical equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Attend outage, safety and staff meetings.
- Operate mobile equipment.
- Work closely with Maintenance Mechanical Techs, Engineers, and Maintenance Planner
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- three to five years related experience and/or training;
- or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Why You Should Apply:
- Excellent pay
- Excellent benefits
- Career growth opportunities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: URL blocked - click to apply & URL blocked - click to apply. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.