Sustainability Product Manager
Deloitte’s Sustainability - Climate & Equity Strategic Growth Offering team is looking for an experienced product manager who has helped lead the definition, development, and delivery of ESG products. This Product Manager will shepherd products used by some of the biggest and most influential businesses and government agencies around the world to meet their ESG targets for their organization, their customers and employees, and their communities.
Work you’ll do
The Sustainability Product Manager will play a critical role in helping to define, update and execute the product innovation and delivery strategy of our Sustainability - Climate & Equity service portfolio. This leader will work with market-facing groups to describe the problem and response in detail, work with the product marketing team on launch and market engagement, work with customer success on adoption and early customer programs, and work with engineering teams on user experience, architecture, design, and development.
This is a hands-on role that will include both strategic planning and communications as well as day-to-day product management. This is an exciting opportunity as our Sustainability - Climate & Equity business is growing rapidly and we are making major investments in new technologies, content, and service offerings. The Product Manager will collaborate and align with technical and non-technical stakeholders to translate customer needs into world-class products. As the product champion, the role assumes a team leadership position and demonstrates a consistent record of accomplishment for aligning and ensuring end-to-end organization readiness.
- Manage the product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities and from envisioning to market readiness, for the creation of prototypes, demos and MVP builds.
- Research, identify and monitor market problems and trends.
- Provide objective analysis of potential market opportunities to provide a basis for investment and feature delivery.
- Gather and prioritize market, customer, and internal feedback and requirements; own the roadmap and backlog.
- Work closely with Engineering management to estimate effort, set the scope, and define timelines for all new development initiatives.
- Develop product artifacts such as product positioning, messaging, presentations, sales tools, marketing collateral, and product demonstrations for use in Go To Market efforts.
- Support pricing strategies.
- Work with management to help drive revenue forecasts and deliver revenue objectives.
- Participate in Buy/Build/Partner recommendations in support of product growth opportunities.
- Work with Product Owners to ensure the Product vision is maintained through the development cycle.
- Lead internal governance activities required for market entry.
The Sustainability Product Manager will join a dynamic team focused on building data-driven Sustainability - Climate & Equity considerations into client solutions. We catalyze large-scale change addressing the climate crisis, increasing social inclusion, and fostering leading governance practices that embed stakeholder capitalism into organizational operations. The Sustainability - Climate & Equity SGO team embodies a culture of purpose and empowers every team member to channel their passions into their work.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in fast-paced product management or product marketing role in the ESG space
- Proven record of accomplishment of launching successful SaaS or Analytics products and enhancing and scaling them through product releases
- Experience with early-stage products and new product development from ideation specification through market launch and revenue generation
- Proven ability to successfully collaborate with internal stakeholders from various levels and areas of the organization and drive successful outcomes cross-functionally
- Experience working closely with an engineering organization to define applications and manage them through the entire product lifecycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- MBA or Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Experience with development and launching revenue generating ESG products
- Well-developed judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to juggle many competing priorities / deadlines
- Highly collaborative and the ability to lead by influence
- High energy / dedicated focus
- Strong technical background combined with solid business experience
- High personal integrity and team-orientation
- Highly self-motivated, passionate team-oriented individual
Limited Sponsorship: Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $109,000 to $199,000.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. [ Link removed ] .
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. [ Link removed ] .
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. [ Link removed ] .
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, 'Deloitte' means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see [ Link removed ] for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. [ Link removed ] .
Requisition code: 94467
- Customer Demand Planning
- Data Analysis