Methode Electronics, Inc. (NYSE: MEI) is an international engineering company headquartered in Chicago, IL, with over 6,500 employees worldwide. Since being established in 1946 as a single-product manufacturer, Methode has since expanded its business into industrial design, manufacturing & distribution and professional services. Our company's vision is to utilize our technical capabilities to deliver unique, turnkey solutions that provide genuine value for our customers and its shareholders. As a global developer of custom engineered, application specific products and solutions, we are able to bring our innovative technologies closer to the customers and markets we serve. Methode’s business is managed on a segment basis, with those segments being, Automotive, Medical, Industrial and Interface. The Company has components in the primary end markets of the automotive, Big Data, white goods, aerospace & defense, consumer electronics and healthcare industries. For additional information, www.methode.com.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Active “hands-on” supervisor that will pitch in and work alongside reports to get the job done”Responsibilities
- Estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Assigns workers to machines to meet production requirements and makes staffing adjustments according. (this may require sending workers home or calling for additional help as needed)
- Assure that production is kept running at maximum efficiency by reducing all possible down-time.
- Interprets and consistently applies company policies and safety regulations.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and other job related documents and assigns necessary duties.
- Recommends, measures, and leads activity to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, and assists workers in solving work problems.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Assures that components and final assemblies meet customer requirements.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Responsible to ensure area meets or exceeds goals in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, cost, and morale.
- Uses support services appropriately to ensure the effective performance of department.
- Performs basic mechanical/electrical maintenance as needed. Calls appropriate staff to assist trouble shooting mechanical issues.
- Leads and/or supports all environmental policies and procedures
- MUST have “CAN DO” attitude
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent
- Three to five years related experience and/or training
- Technical training or experience in mechanical/electrical maintenance, preferred.
- Ability to lead production team through various production requirements
- Good communication skills
- High level attention to detail is required
Methode Electronics is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: URL blocked - click to apply, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Email blocked - click to apply or call (708) 867-6777 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Methode Electronics is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: EEO Poster, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Email blocked - click to apply or call Phone number blocked - click to apply and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.