Kforce has a client that is looking for a DevOps Engineer II in Houston, TX.
We are currently seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to support DevOps for various internal business applications. This individual will work effectively under minimal supervision providing technical support within a collaborative environment for our business users. The ideal candidate must be effective at communicating business solutions in a non-technical way.
- DevOps Engineer II will implement and support a Service Mesh and API Gateway in a Kubernetes environment
- Create and maintain CI/CD Pipelines
- As a DevOps Engineer II, you will develop and maintain application environment automation scripts
- Design and implement frameworks and tools that will streamline software development and deployment
- Design and implement source code management practices including branching and code quality strategies
- 5+ years of experience creating and managing Kubernetes deployments
- 5+ years of experience testing, packaging, and deploying applications written in languages like Java, Python, Asp.Net
- 5+ years of experience with CI/CD tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, or Gitlab
- 5+ years of experience scripting with Shell, Bash or similar is required
- 2+ years of experience with an on-prem Service Mesh & API Gateway for Kubernetes is a requirement, preferably a product called Istio
The pay range is the lowest to highest compensation we reasonably in good faith believe we would pay at posting for this role. We may ultimately pay more or less than this range. Employee pay is based on factors like relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, location, performance, union contract and business needs. This range may be modified in the future.
We offer comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, HSA, FSA, 401(k), and life, disability & ADD insurance to eligible employees. Salaried personnel receive paid time off. Hourly employees are not eligible for paid time off unless required by law. Hourly employees on a Service Contract Act project are eligible for paid sick leave.
Note: Pay is not considered compensation until it is earned, vested and determinable. The amount and availability of any compensation remains in Kforce's sole discretion unless
and until paid and may be modified in its discretion consistent with the law.
This job is not eligible for bonuses, incentives or commissions.
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Asp.Net Core
- Dev Ops
- Java (Programming Language)
- Packaging And Processing Duties