The Service Support Worker is responsible for monitoring the activities of Day Services participants and for ensuring compliance with program rules and conditions. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the safety of participants and the security and sanitation of the program both at the Center and at faith sites. The Service Support Worker also coordinates and provides transportation as needed. The Service Support Worker provides direct support to participants as needed.
*This is a part-time position. The work schedule is every Saturday & Sunday from 6:00am-3:00pm or 8:00am-5:00pm, but can be subject to change.
- Maintain a comprehensive written record of events in the program log that occur during shift.
- Maintain participant sign in/out sheets, attendance log as well as all other logbooks and records.
- Provide intake, assessment and referral as needed to single homeless individuals applying for overnight housing.
- Review each set of individual intake forms for completion of individual’s data and information having individual sign and complete staff witness signature and date.
- Set up an attendance form for each person at intake.
- Control contraband in facility through general observation, room and package/purse searches if deemed necessary.
- Ensure facility and faith site cleanliness and monitor participant cleaning assignments when directed.
- Monitor participant behavior to ensure compliance with VOAC’s policies.
- Supervise groups, presentations and life skill programs. Work with presenter to meet material and space needs and ensure attendance is taken at each activity.
- Conduct routine inspections of the facility, faith sites, and grounds.
- Conduct periodic fire drills and perform other safety duties as directed to ensure safety of participants.
- Provide support to participants as needed.
- Monitor security of facility, vehicles and faith site spaces.
The successful candidate with a B.A. Degree in Human Services or related field with 1 year community based social services experience or other related experience with vulnerable populations is preferred. A High School Diploma/GED and at least 2 years community based social services experience or other related experience with vulnerable populations is acceptable.
Requirements include the ability to interact and communicate effectively with others. The Service Support Worker must be able to prepare written reports; monitor and direct program activities; be a liaison between faith site volunteers, community volunteers, other VOACC staff and program management, and ensure the safety and security of program operations.
The ability to communicate orally and in writing effectively is required.
This is an awake position at all times.
Driving: Employees must be privileged to drive according to the criteria set forth by VOACC MVR guidelines. Employees must be approved to drive by the VOACC Baseline Criteria and Driver designation review criteria listed below.
Possess a valid driver’s license in jurisdiction of residence and have been licensed for at least 3 years
The Recommended Driver age is between the ages of 25 and 70 to transport people receiving services in company vehicles. (Drivers between the ages of 21 and 25, in order to drive a company vehicle, must have a clean MVR. These staff members are NOT permitted to drive 15 passenger vans.)
Company vehicles may include cars, mini-vans, trucks, wheelchair accessible vans and 12 & 15-passenger vans.
The physical requirements described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- The ability to safely operate a motor vehicle to transport oneself, consumers, and program supplies as necessary.
- The ability to bend, twist, and lift 50 pounds or more.
- Operating a vehicle requiring continuous or repetitive hand/arm movements.
- The ability to remain in a sitting position for extended periods of time
- Drilling Operations
- People Services
- Program Management
- Safety Principles