APPLICATIONS ENGINEER - MECHANICAL
The Product Development team works closely with our engineering and marketing teams to guide products from conception to launch. As part of the Product Development team you will help bridge the technical and business worlds as you work on solutions for the professional audio-visual industry.
As an Applications Engineer, you will be responsible for helping with the conceptualization and gathering of requirements for new products and solutions for use in meeting rooms, collaboration spaces and learning environments. Candidate will work in an R&D type environment, test prototypes, evaluate new technologies, perform competitive product analysis, and help with the detailed documentation of support issues and new products. Responsibilities will revolve around growing and supporting architectural mounting and connectivity solutions. Candidate will need to be a self-starter, and motivated, and be hands-on oriented.
Qualified Candidates will have:
- BS degree in Mechanical / Electromechanical engineering or related field(transcripts required)
- 2+ years work experience in similar or related field preferred
- Experience in manufacturing process related to plastic forming, injection molding and sheet metal fabrication.
- Experience using 2D and 3D modeling software (Auto CAD, SolidWorks, Etc.)
- Experience with typical shop tools (drills, reciprocating saws, etc.) required for cutting holes into walls or tables, mounting speakers, pulling cables, mounting flat panel displays, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and work at various heights using ladders.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, computer literate
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment
3 D Modeling