Our priority has always been the safety and well-being of our residents and associates. As we’ve been monitoring the evolving situation of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), this priority has remained paramount; and that is why we’d like to share some of the steps Senior Star is taking during this time.
It has become necessary to reduce our hiring to immediate need only until further notice. We are still very much in need of the key positions posted; however, candidates may experience in a delay from the initial call/message from our team to the actual in-person interview.
As we work through the days and weeks to come, to insure key roles are being filled and our residents are taken care of, we will be utilizing alternative forms of interviews including; phone, video and remote meetings.
Many of our openings will go unfilled until we have effectively contained this virus. We are eager to meet you and hope that you find a work home at Senior Star.
Thank you for expressing your interest in Senior Star and your patience during this time.
Real Estate Assets Manager
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Development, you will contribute in maximizing the value of senior living properties by supporting the maximum return on investment of those real estate assets. The Real Estate Assets Manager is responsible for all aspects of capital planning and project management for Senior Star’s real estate portfolio with a focus on successful evaluation, implementation, and management of the capital plan. In addition, expect to be challenged with a variety of projects. Each day will be unique, requiring an ability to prioritize, multitask, think strategically, take initiative, and employ a diverse set of skills.
As a Real Estate Assets Manager your writing and speaking skills must be clear and effective, demonstrating your ability to be articulate and understood, while helping you connect well with others. You must take initiative, manage your work efficiently, meet your deadlines, and consistently go above and beyond to contribute quality work and assist other team members and business partners. You must also be tech savvy, tools like e-mail and internet access are basic necessities in your daily operation; however, a deep knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and project software suite skills are needed.
AS A REAL ESTATE ASSETS MANAGER, A TYPICAL DAY MAY INCLUDE:
- Assisting the operations team members with maintenance and/or capital matters and issues relative to a specific real estate asset.
- Updating and managing financial tracking for capital projects including preparing reports and conducting presentations for review.
- Conducting site visits to review physical conditions of a real estate asset and/or to monitor progress of specific capital project(s).
- Developing project scopes, managing bidding process, and contracting for procurement, design or construction services related to specific capital projects.
- Reviewing, processing and tracking of invoices/payment applications for multiple capital projects including interfacing with accounting team members.
- Evaluating capital plans and developing updated / new strategies to improve and enhance individual real estate assets.
REQUIREMENTS & PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Business Administration is desired.
- At least 3-5 years of commercial real estate capital asset management experience; an emphasis in seniors housing or healthcare is preferred.
- Comprehensive experience in evaluating, strategizing, and managing capital master plans and programs across wide portfolio.
- Knowledge of construction management, project management, and codes and regulations pertaining to construction including management of capital.
- Cooperative approach to problem solving with the capacity of building consensus and support, working across functional lines to engage resources to work together to achieve desired results.
- Strong service management and customer service focus.
- Ability to analyze financial data and long term budgeting and forecasting.
- Professional and effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess strong work ethic with the ability to prioritize activities in order to meet critical deadlines.
- High level of insight, intuitiveness and judgement in using utmost discretion when handling sensitive or confidential Company and employee information.
- Work requires the willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Senior Star is a Great Place to Work!
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Real Estate Assets Manager incentives, Occupancy bonuses, and referral bonuses available to all associates
Our Mission: UNITE & SERVE
Our Vision: A World of Difference Makers.
Our Promise: Do for each other with love.
If this inspires you…
If you want to work for a company that wants to support you and help you fulfill your purpose…
If you would like to be a part of a team that is highly engaged…
If you believe in our Mission, Values, and Promise…
We would love to meet you!
Senior Star Culture Video
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Real Estate Assets Manager