ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton is a faith inspired non-profit organization, mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about services to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, IT, Finance, Marketing, and Nursing. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs. Catholic Charities is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Life Skills Counselor.
Job Summary: Assist residents of Beacon House TLP and Apartments in obtaining independent living skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses life skills needs of all incoming residents.
- Prepares independent living skills instruction based on Ansell-Casey curriculum.
- Specializes in one of the following areas: education/employment; daily living skills; recreation
- Provides individual and group instruction onsite in both components.
- Documents training and progress of participants
- Provides encouragement and motivation to residents to accomplish their goals
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities
- Participate in service plan team meetings
- Provides transportation for residents as needed.
- Maintain the security and safety of the residents and the facility
- Other related duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in social work or related field from an accredited college or university. Formal training in life skills education preferred. Ability to relate positively to youth from diverse backgrounds and establish rapport. Organizational skills to develop plans and maintain accurate documentation.
Rapport Loan Origination System