Interface with homebuyer and trade partners to perform final orientations and diagnose, schedule and complete warranty service work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pre-walk homesites to provide punchlist for construction to delivery of home to customer; provide quality control of finished product.
- Conduct homeowner walk-throughs, acquainting homeowner with operation of appliances, heating/cooling systems, maintenance of home, etc.
- Coordinate with the Construction Department staff and contractors in the completion of walk-through repairs within five (5) days.
- Schedule and supervise trade partner repairs in homes after delivery to homeowner.
- Schedule inspections with homeowners, assess routine warranty claims and follow through to completion all service requests within seven (7) days.
- Provide accurate and timely information to Customer Care Manager on progress and scopes of work.
- Maintain positive homeowner relations, provide homeowner with knowledgeable, timely and professional service.
- Evaluate trade partner and product performance. Provide on going information to Customer Service Manager as it relates to quality of workmanship and materials.
- Work with Customer Service Manager on special projects as needed.
- Participate and attend department meetings.
- Keep accurate service request logs and documentation of all work performed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum three (3) years of residential customer care or related experience required
- High school diploma or GED preferred, but will accept equivalent work experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to deal effectively with confrontational situations and maintain objectivity in public relations
- Detail oriented, works well under pressure, capable of handling multiple tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality relative to daily work schedule is required
- Follow directions from a supervisor
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team player
Requires the ability to work 8 hours per day in the confined quarters of a construction trailer, the ability to operate a motor vehicle, read plans, climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and/or carry equipment which may be in excess of 50 pounds, occasionally operate construction equipment. Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.