Sr. Network Specialist
4 month contract-to-hire
Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest IT Staffing organization, has an immediate and exciting opportunity located in Columbus, OH.
If interested in applying please email your most up to date resume to Taylor Jones: Email blocked - click to apply.
If you’d like to receive Job Alerts from Apex that match your specific criteria, visit itcareers.apexsystems.com.
The Senior Network Specialist will be responsible for circuit provisioning, circuit engineering, and providing customer service request fulfillment on the DoDIN (Department of Defense Information Network) in support of DISA (Defense Information Systems Agency).
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience with network communications or IT related BS degree
- Knowledge and experience with software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Minimum Secret Clearance. Top Secret clearance preferred.
- Security+CE/Network+ (desired)
- Knowledge in the following transport technologies: DSDM, SONET/SDH, ATM, Promina, DSN/DRSN, L2VPN, L3VPN (desired)
- Experience with DISA tools used in the end-to-end provisioning process (DDOE/DDSF, WWOLS-R, NCCM-R, Element Management Systems, DEPS – IIEx) (desired)
- Generates Telecommunications Requests (TRs), Telecommunications Service Requests (TSRs) and Telecommunication Service Orders (TSOs) in the DISA Direct Order Entry (DDOE) system from requirements received/identified by the Gov’t.
- Performs telephonic desk-top surveys and review current databases such as the Defense Information Technology Contracting Organization (DITCO) Online system, World Wide Online System (WWOLS), Telecommunications Certification Office Support System (TCOSS) and knowledge management sources.
- Evaluates existing circuits and develop baseline information to ensure all admin/technical information on all provisioning documents is correct.
- Analyzes proposed network topologies and provisioning solutions to ensure compliance with program goals. Determines configuration/location of all DISN equipment and services and identifies all on-conforming circuits. Develops and engineers technical solutions supporting required DISA Transition, tech refresh and project-based circuit/trunk/line requirements, including optical transport, unclassified and classified IP services, and commercial service ordering.
- Utilizes Gov’t pricing systems (Telecommunications Inventory and Billing Information (TIBI) and commercial vendor pricing tools to determine costing information for requirements.
- Identifies circuit implementation requirements as provided by applicable provisioning documentation and databases. Coordinate/facilitate the scheduling and execution of all implementation activities. Tracks and reports the status of each circuit implementation.
- Develops TRs (Telecommunication Requests) for submission into DDOE (DISA Direct Order Entry.
- Develops TSOs (Telecommunications Service Orders) In WWOLS-R and NCCM-R.
- Engineers technical solutions for circuit requirements and customer services in WWOLS-R and NCCM-R, including writing IRs (Implementation Requests) for equipment installs.
- Tracks the TSO (Telecommunications Service Order) and the IR (Implementation Request) for the new technology of the Customer.
- Facilitates delivery of commercial leases and coordinate activation of the services with customers, commercial vendors, GNSC and other internal and external organizations.
- Follows all Government approved and provided circulars, Instructions, policies, work instructions, provisioning rules, and Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) when provisioning a service request in one of the following areas:
- Order Preparation: Follows all Government approved and provided circulars, Instructions, Policies, work instructions, provisioning rules, and Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) when provisioning a service request. Acts on behalf of the customer to enter the service request details into DISA Storefront (DSF). Reviews the request for completeness and clear requirements, to include funding authorization. Verifies correct points of contact (POC) for each location through which the circuit traverses. Engages with the customer if the service request is incomplete or requirements are unclear. Obtains cost estimates from GSM-O RF. Tracks requirements through the entry system approval process, reaches out to stakeholders and facilitates approvals as necessary to ensure continual forward progress of the service request. Develops service orders within configuration management databases such as MetaSolv (MSS), WWOLS, or other tool(s) as furnished and identified by the Government, including access to classified/SIPRNET.
- Solution Design: Assumes overall “Service Delivery” responsibility and actively facilitate resolution of identified impediments from service order initiation through final completion. Works in DSF to design and develop the circuit during the Order Entry phase. Enters and updates configuration and administrative changes in the configuration management database. Identifies and allocates building components, modules, ports, virtual interfaces and/or cross-connections. Maintains non-conforming circuit lists for those circuits that do not have a viable technical solution available. Supports DISA projects using existing and/or future Government configuration management databases to develop and maintain comprehensive lists of circuits, known as Master Circuit Lists (MCLs), and trunks that are impacted by the project.
- Service Activation: Coordinates with customers and assists with test and acceptance procedures. Identifies Installation Bill of Material (IBOM) needed to complete the circuit transition and activation, to include low-cost expendable supplies such as cables, connectors, patch panels, and fasteners. Creates Implementation Requests (IRs) to request IBOM to be shipped from the DISN warehouse to the service location. Tracks the status of submitted IRs in the Government provided tracking repository such as the IIEx or MIDS systems. Creates Implementation Requests (IRs) to support capacity builds required when the existing SDN requires expansion, build out, or reconfiguration to support the proposed solution for service order actions as discovered during the evaluation process.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Network Installation Services
Network Planning And Design