ECS is seeking a Federal Acquisition Analyst to work in our Arlington, VA office.
The Federal Acquisition Analyst candidate shall be a self-starter with the ability to operate in this role with minimal supervision. The position requires the independent analytical research skills and a broad technical knowledge of IT to concentrate how to best use technology to address business requirements and assess applicability toward a technology solution. Candidate applies research and analytics expertise in multiple business areas and the systems supporting each. Utilizing knowledge of the systems' applications and business domain expertise, the FAA is involved in all aspects of system engineering life cycle; from discovery and estimation of IT solutions for new and/or enhanced services or optimized business processes. Facilitating a partnership between the business and engineering/technical communities, the FAA is responsible to drive elicitation of quality requirements, proper documentation and follow through to ensure translation into conceptual design and alignment with IT/ Engineering solutions that meet the business needs. Possesses a general experience of technical areas that are applicable to the products and services that TSA procures through the Purchase Request process. The position requires extreme attention to detail; excellent oral and written communication skills; preferred knowledge and understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and other Federal Acquisition Rules, Regulations and Standards of Conduct; proficiency with all Microsoft Office products, especially MS Excel and Word; technical writing experience and proficiency related to the technically related content of Government Acquisition activities, especially requirements content of Statements of Work, Sole Source/Brand Name Justifications, and Market Research Reports.
The candidate shall be responsible for the following:
- Interfacing with government management personnel, Branch Managers and customer agency representatives.
- Managing technical activities and providing guidance and recommendations for improvement.
- Providing on-going oversight support/perform deliverable reviews and provide recommendations.
- Quickly understand the business issues and data challenges of the TSA organization and industry.
- Identifying client organization's strengths and weaknesses and suggesting areas of improvement.
- Reviewing and editing requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solutions.
- Developing functional specifications and system design specifications for client engagements.
- Analyzing and developing solutions addressing customer comments and issues.
- Consolidating data from various sources, performing technically and operationally based analysis to formulate recommendations and composing briefings suitable for presenting to senior management
- Understanding of TSA technologies and ability to grasp impact of technology on operations
- Coordinating work of team members, developing and documenting processes and procedures, overseeing project tasks, developing project schedules
- Reviewing technical documentation to ensure content and details are at the appropriate level of intended audience
- Validating activities and content against requirements and/or Statements of Work
- Coordinating and managing projects and resources, including monitoring and inspecting costs, work, and contractor performance
- Supporting of the OED Procurement Request (PR) Package Formulation and Review Process, which includes:
- Generating, reviewing and consolidating technical and other requirements content for PR documents through the entire PR Process by supporting federal staff with their expertise and organizing abilities
- Contributing and generating technical content, reviewing and editing all PR content to ensure the following:
- Technical accuracy and thoroughness
- Acquisition readiness,
- Accuracy of all elements of IGCEs,
- Consistency of information throughout documentation,
- Grammatically correct,
- Completeness of package
- Compiling comments, edits, recommendations and corrections for each PR package and providing them back to submitters
- Support the preparation of PR Status Reports and briefing of the Operations Support Lead for the weekly meeting with Office of Acquisitions
- Supporting the data and information collection and consolidation in the OED PR database repository
- Applying knowledge and experience of the Acquisition lifecycle, coupled with broad technical knowledge and experience to analyze, review, monitor, and control processes to prepare recommendations and to improve business processes.
- Providing support, guidance and standards to enhance acquisition documentation quality.
- Using project management skills to organize and monitor the completion of PR packages and other related projects.
- Monitoring and reviewing procurement documentation for compliance with FAR, other acquisition-related regulations, policies, and guidance, and the acquisition process. Provide oversight and advisory for procurement-related documentation.
- Assisting with Data Calls related to acquisition, procurement, and other activities.
- Respond to internal/external technical, budgetary and acquisition data calls.
- Conduct research; develop responses utilizing data from multiple sources, including databases maintained by other contractors and other internal and/or external data sources validating data in collaboration with technical and program subject matter experts.
- Deliver routine and ad hoc management analyses and reporting
- Review and provide input on vendor Continuous Improvement Plans (CIP).
- Research and analyze basic and complex issues surrounding the processes and systems of the organization and recommend efficiencies.
- Perform data analysis across a variety of oversight elements along with process engineering development and draft documentation for OED processes
- Validate activities and report content against requirements and/or Statements of Work.
- Facilitate monthly OED IPR data call input for and consolidate.
- Facilitate monthly ITIP Survey input for OED Director and consolidate data.
- Develop Weekly ITIP status Report consisting of detailed program data targeted for senior management.
- Provide Organizational Analysis, Tracking and Reporting for Acquisitions Planning including:
- ESRs (Engineering Service Requests)
- PRs (Purchase Requisitions)
- LCCE (Life Cycle Cost Estimate)
- EOSL (End of Service Life)
- Total Asset Library
- OIT Management Reporting
- Master's Degree or 15 years work experience
- Technical Writing Proficiency related to all Government Acquisition documentation to include drafting Statements of Work, Sole Source/Brand Name Justifications, Market Research Reports, Independent Government Cost Estimates
- Technical writing proficiency related to Functional Requirements and System Design documentation
- Must have ability to obtain required Government clearance
- Attention to detail
- Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office Products, especially MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- 10 years of hands-on experience/knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and other FAR rules, regulations and standards of conduct
- Technical writing proficiency related to all Government Acquisition documentation
- Experience with financial analysis/cost estimating
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
Mergers And Acquisitions