Jefferson Wells is seeking highly qualified Tax Professionals working on a variety of clients. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in any of the following practice areas: income tax compliance, income tax accounting (ASC 740) and/or Tax provision.
Consultants at Jefferson Wells are the driving force for our success. Our consultants bring a wealth and depth of knowledge to our various service offerings, and are responsible for deliverables on client engagements. Consultants follow the Jefferson Wells' methodology and exceptional service standards while working on projects. They are known for their diverse industry and management experience; ability to grasp, analyze and resolve challenging client requirements, and able to work with a team or independently to provide timely and effective results.
- Prepare and/or review current and deferred income tax provisions
- Compute and maintain the deferred tax roll forward of gross and tax effected temporary differences
- Determine taxable income and calculate the effective tax rate
- Prepare and review tax account rollforwards and reconciliations
- Assist with the liability for uncertain tax positions under FIN 48
- Responsible for meeting all required deadlines
- Prepare and assist our clients with federal, state and international income tax compliance using Corp Tax or OneSource Tax Software
All About You
- Certifications - CPA preferred, but not required
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or foreign equivalent in Accounting, Tax, Finance, Economics or Business administration
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Mix of public accounting (Big 4 experience a plus) and industry tax experience
- Highly desired - Master's degree in Accounting/Tax or Law degree with Tax LLM
- Excellent technical skills, especially in the area of US International Tax, as well as State and Federal
- Strong communication skills, both in the context of executive presentations and in written and oral communications
- Strong relationship-building skills, with the ability to work with people at all levels in the organization.
- Strong skills in CorpTax and Excel are strongly desired
- Strong skills in OneSource are a bonus
- Understanding and experience with United States income tax code and regulations
- Solid understanding and application of ASC 740
- Preparation & review of income tax provisions including current and deferred tax components
- Tax Rate Analysis
- Tax account analysis, reconciliation and roll forward
- Complying with financial statement audit requirements
- Knowledge of FIN 48
- Current experience with the preparation and review of consolidated federal and multi-state income tax returns, required. S. international tax returns experience is a bonus.
- Eligible to work in the U.S. and pass a background check
- Willingness and ability to work at client locations in various parts of Denver Metro area, if needed, and/or remotely from home office
Jefferson Wells (www.Jefferson Wells .us) delivers professional services in the areas of internal audit and controls, technology risk management, tax, and finance and accounting-related services. The firm's unique, agile structure aligns experienced professionals with proven processes to bring pragmatic and cost-effective project results. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Jefferson Wells serves financial institutions as well as Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies from offices worldwide. Jefferson Wells is an independently operated, wholly owned subsidiary of Manpower Group, (NYSE: MAN).
- Account Analysis
- Tax Return
- Deferred Income
- Income Tax