Assistant Produce Manager FULL-TIME
Responsible for receiving product and ensures that aisles/freezers and refrigerators are stocked, labeled, clean and delivered product is packed out, and proper customer service is provided.
• Ensuring proper customer service and works to develop relationships with large customers.
• Supervising all activities in the produce department including product placement, rotation, signage, and displays.
• Responsible for overall department appearance, cleanliness, and adherence to both government and corporate
ordinances. Must maintain records as required.
• Supervising and working together with Produce Supervisors (if applicable) and Stockers to assure that the Produce
Department is operating in a manner that adheres to company standards.
• With the Produce Manager, develops schedules, monitors performance and recommends the proper discipline as
• Training employees in job responsibilities and safe operating procedures
• Assisting with candidate interviews and recommends for hires.
Disciplines employees when necessary and recommends terminations.
• Ensuring that employees are performing the proper inspections to meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic
• Reviewing inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to prevent shrinkage and damages.
• Ensuring that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most recent pricing and market conditions.
• Supervising the receiving of all produce and ensures that the proper paperwork is completed.
• Maintaining accurate computer inventory levels by having physical inventories performed on a regular basis and
• Maintaining refrigerated equipment and makes sure maintenance contracts and schedules are followed.
• Supervising the ordering of produce from vendors on a regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal
shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
• Making sure all the employees in the department can work the equipment such as Toledo scale and Dennison label machine.
• Coordinating that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper block and date tags.
• Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets and cleaning underneath.
• Insuring that excess inventory not slotted on floor is stacked in overhead racks in close proximity to where it is
sold or stored in freezers/refrigerators.
• Assuring that trash is removed from floor and properly handled.
• Making sure that low stock/out of stock information is communicated to the Inventory Controller after carefully
checking the system and rack for product.
• Maintaining that all signage is correct and that the flyers prices are reflected on the product.
• Coordinating proper merchandising of aisles (logical adjacencies, proper holding power, space allocation) and
creatively merchandises and sets up impulse areas for merchandising.
• Performing additional duties, responsibilities and projects as assigned.
• Performs weekly self audits
MEM-04 WS-04 Schedule
Shift start: 9:00AM Benefits
Shift length: 9 hours
5 days/week, must be available any day
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 90 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
Bachelor’s Degree or high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years experience in customer serviceAbility to calculate figures, and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, mass and volume.Computer literacy About Restaurant Depot
Restaurant Depot is a Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry Foodservice Supplier. Their mission is to be your one-stop shop for savings, selection, and service, seven days a week. They have been supplying independent food businesses with quality products from large cash and carry warehouse stores since 1990. They became the leading low-cost alternative to other foodservice suppliers by eliminating the overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing on the needs of independent foodservice operators and offering free membership.
- Brochure Design
- Customer Service
- Food Safety