Field Application Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role, you will work closely with consulting engineering firms to advise and specify electrical equipment design, gear layout, and system solution specifications for Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects. You will also provide your electrical design expertise in all types of medium and low voltage Electrical Distribution, Power Management and Electrification Installation Equipment including monitoring & controls, panelboards, switches & disconnects, circuit breakers, machine safety, switchgear, switchboards, busway, transformers, drives and control products. *This position is a virtual, remote-based position, preferably located in the Seattle-Tacoma, WA metro area.*
This position reports to
Field Application Engineer Leader
* Review and evaluate job specifications and end-user customer requirements and provide electrical design solutions including one-line electrical diagrams, schematic diagrams, lay-out & equipment drawings, equipment specifications and project budget pricing for Low and medium voltage applications.
* Accountable for developing accurate estimates of the electrical design, plan, and incorporating take-off best practices.
* Provide consultative advice to Engineering Consulting houses and propose engineered design solutions, leveraging ABB's wide portfolio of electrical products.
* Influence, educate, and promote ABB's brand preference at the Engineering Consultant and End User level.
* Conduct Lunch n' Learn sessions at engineering consulting partners facilities, as well as virtual setting, and participate in Product Marketing initiatives, events, and industry trade shows.
* Travel up to 35% within the West Region, which includes Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska, and Hawaii.
* In support of business development and sales will have target of developing a certain dollar amount of business, and increasing number of jobs specified, and number of new consulting firms specifying recommended ABB products.
* Works actively and collaboratively with our internal team of over 60 Electrical Engineering Consultants, utilizing a comprehensive knowledge-base and solution sharing network.
* Studies various advanced sources and proposes solutions for development of new processes and tools.
* Conducts coordination studies involving electrical design.
* Report the market and code needs back to the product development group.
* Create and develop new relationships in assigned coverage area.
* Work closely with sales on identified targeted accounts to provide technical support.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably Electrical Engineering, or related discipline.
* Minimum of 4 years of experience in Electrical Equipment Design and/or Electrical Design-Build Design.
* Must have broad experience in medium and low voltage equipment design including, Switchgear, switchboards, panelboards, wiring and cable management systems, power management devices, etc.
* Strong knowledge of design standards and codes is required; must have experience with IEEE and UL standards, including IEEE 23.30, UL891, UL1058, N.E.C.77, and local electrical state codes.
* Possess the skills necessary to comfortably conduct electrical product training sessions, both in-person, and virtually.
* Ability to work effectively in a remote-based, home office environment and be able to travel up to 30-35% within the Region.
* Capability to establish and nurture partnership relationships with the regional engineering consulting community is required.
* Must be a strong collaborative team member, with willingness to share best practices and technical learning with ABB colleagues in Field Applications Engineering, Sales Account Managers, and our Product Management and Marketing team.
* Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
* Retirement plan
* Life insurance
* Disability insurance
* Healthcare plan
* Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB's Electrification Global Markets organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy in 100+ countries where the Electrification Business Area operates. Our 10,000 sales & marketing employees connect our customers and partners to our innovative portfolio of products, services and solutions. Our domain expertise and global footprint enable us to support our customers with solutions that address their current needs, while anticipating how emerging trends such as urbanization, digitalization and the shift to sustainable energy will impact their future needs. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Field Application Engineer
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Field Application Engineer
http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
or by sending an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Field Application Engineer
. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-Remote
- Business Development
- Circuit Breaker
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Installation Work
- Electrical Wirings