Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Located 30 miles north of Charlotte, Mooresville is a large town located in south western section of Iredell County, North Carolina, and is a part of the fast-growing Charlotte Metro area. The population was 32,711 at the 2010 United States Census.
The plant was built in 1966, manufactures cups, lids, and trays, and has approximately 600 employees. This plant was also awarded the Safety Plant of the Year and Food Service Manufacturer of the Year Award.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call
or email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Night Shift Set Up Mechanic
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
Primary responsibility is to support the manufacturing group by seeing that thermoforming mold set-ups are completed on schedule and in a timely manner. Installation and removal of molds, minor, major repairs. Follow company policy and safety procedures. Additional responsibilities include: minor mechanical repairs of equipment, general housekeeping of the work area and equipment and other duties as assigned.
- Vectrax CNC knee mill experience (operate and teach) helpful but not required.
- Must be able to satisfactorily learn all tool room functions, welding, machining, and thermoforming set- ups.
- Must be able to read rule, micrometer, and calipers
- Set-up and operate all tool room equipment.
- Ability to work from verbal instruction, sketches, or blue prints.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Recommend component upgrades that increase productivity or reduce overtime.
- Must be able to inspect operating equipment for obvious problems or potential failures and adjusting as needed.
- Must understand how to correctly fill out all related paperwork.
- Must do general housekeeping of manufacturing areas and equipment to ensure a safe, efficient and contamination free work area and equipment is maintained. This includes sweeping and mopping of the production area, wiping down the machines and removal and disposal of waste and rubbish.
- Must work closely with tool room mechanics to ensure that adequate supplies are “on-hand”.
- Must understand the difference between the various materials in the plant.
- Material Handling: Able to safely operate forklift, hand-jack, hydraulic crane and other powered
- Must be willing to work at anywhere within the plant and work overtime as needed.
- Must perform other tasks within the plant as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must have an outstanding work record.
- Position requires a HS Diploma or GED and 2-3 years related experience.
- Demonstrated problem solving and mechanical skills are also required.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally is required, as is the ability to perform basic mathematical operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to work with others effectively as a part of a team is essential.
- Most routine tasks are performed while standing or walking or sitting.
- Reaching, handling, fingering, and feeling are constantly present while performing job duties.
- Frequently turning body from 0 to a maximum of 180 degrees.
- Good eyesight is essential for constant inspection of product. Seeing both near and far, color vision and depths of field are all required. Vision corrected with glasses or contact lenses is acceptable.
- Frequent walking is required. Distance can be over 500 feet.
- Frequent climbing stairs to our parts supplies.
- Occasional balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or talking may be required.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds is required.
- Pushing and pulling is occasionally required.
- Controls required include hands/arms (both) and feet/legs (both).
- Environment includes inside work 100%, teamwork 100%, can be near or close to others, The production floor can be in excess of 95 degrees during the summer months.
- Vibration can occasionally be present from product shakers or grinders.
- There is a mild plastic smell at all times. Occasional smell of battery fluid during battery changes on the lift.
- Personal Protective Equipment required includes safety glasses and gloves, hearing protection and proper footwear, hair nets are required out on production floor and warehouse.
- Forklift Truck