To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
GM Food Service
ExecuNet • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posted 2 months ago
Company is seeking a highly motivated and driven General Manager - Food Service to lead the team in the Ft. Lauderdale area. A successful General Manager - Food Service will ensure facility operations meet unit and/or corporate objectives with full P&L responsibility regard to quality, cost, service and people. This position will oversee the preparation of meals and meal components according to daily menu specifications, establish and maintain Customer Relationship Management with contracting agencies, and coordinate and oversee the ordering, production and timely delivery of all meals in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible. The General Manager - Food Service will also be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of complete facility operations, sanitation, and QA.
General Manager - Food Service Essential Functions:
- Recruit, hire and train food production staff
- Ensure accurate recipe and portioning controls
- Proper quantity and quality of meals
- Follow and ensure food safety and sanitation guidelines, and other compliance/regulatory and appropriate temperature controls
- Train food service workers and prep staff
- Maintain effective Customer Relationship Management with various programs and agencies
- Oversee facility ops and sanitation/Q.A.; Provide support to employees and customers
- Troubleshoot customer and program issues pertaining to menu and performance, including coordination w/RD
- Attend customer menu meetings and in-service
- Perform/compile/maintain required recordkeeping and other administrative tasks and reports
- Ensure labor productivity and other targets are met
- Monitor and manage personnel attendance, disciplinary issues, mentoring, performance and vacations
- Oversee purchasing, inventory control, food service ordering and preparation, sanitation and quality assurance, food and employee safety, facilities and grounds maintenance
- Additional duties as assigned by management
General Manager - Food Service Qualifications:
- Proven extensive Food Preparation/Cooking Experience
- Food Production and associated equipment experience
- Excellent Supervisory and Management Skills
- Experience with Facilities Management
- Good Computer Experience (MS Word, Excel, ERP)
- Strong Communication Skills (oral and written)
- Customer Service skills
- Great team building and leadership skills