Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Plano, TX
Working Hours: 20 hours/week (determined with you and the company)
Duration: LT Temp
The overall purpose and objective of this job is to provide support to the operation of the company’s R&D office as an Administrative Assistant.
Duties include general administrative record keeping and filing, employee, customer and vendor relations, communications, maintenance of professional office environment, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
(Not official: Please ask for more details during the interview)
• Prepare and / or edit documents including memos, meeting minutes, letters, calendars, contracts, reports and statistics and maintain a variety of informational databases.
• Prepare and maintain Excel spreadsheets for managers and teams.
• Perform various administrative duties including calendar scheduling, pick-up and distribution and preparation of mail, answer/screen and place telephone calls, copying, printing, etc.
• Order and maintain office supplies.
• Arrange for visitor events; such as dinners, or other activities.
• Schedule maintenance for company vehicles.
• Support vendors as needed that may require access on site
• Assist in screening and reviewing office-related vendor information for consideration to present to Managers or team members.
• Order and maintain office supplies and communicates with vendors for repair of office related equipment.
• Support and assist the Accounting Department.
• Prepare and track payment of office related contracts (ie, office equipment, supplies, etc.).
• Prepare credit card reports and expense reports.
• Arrange and prepare travel related requests. May include the company employees, guests, and clients.
• Maintain and track travel related expenses and details.
• Provide support during implementation of HR projects, which may include assisting foreign national associates with tasks related to the transition into the U.S., preparing handouts and manuals, creating and distributing information, scheduling meetings with vendors, etc.
• Assist or perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Ability to work Monday - Friday for the scheduled number of hours
• 1-2 years previous Administrative Assistant experience required.
• Experience and proficiency in all applications of Microsoft Office including Windows, Excel, and Power Point, Outlook
• Able to recommend action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and good reasoning. Know when to escalate issues.
• Able to communicate with others in a helpful manner while building credibility and rapport. Listens well. Earns respect from co-workers.
• Able to write clearly and effectively present ideas and to document activities; to read and interpret written information.
• Able to start and persist with specific courses of action while exhibiting high motivation and a sense of urgency when required. Able to maintain a mature attitude while dealing with people, issues, or stress
Setting Up Files