North Spring Behavioral Healthcare, a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS), is a Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS)-licensed, and Joint Commission approved 87-bed Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility, and a 15-bed Inpatient Acute Psychiatric Hospital.
North Spring is situated on 42 acres of scenic greenlands in historic Leesburg, VA, approximately 25 miles northwest of Washington, D.C. We provide therapeutic programs for adolescents in a safe and secure environment that encourages growth and self-responsibility.
Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the nation's largest and most respected healthcare management companies, operating through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers nationwide. Founded in 1978, UHS subsidiaries now have more than 65,000 employees. The UHS business strategy is to build or purchase healthcare properties in rapidly growing markets and create a strong franchise based on exceptional service and effective cost control. Our success comes from a responsive management style and a service philosophy based on integrity, competence and compassion
Mental Health Specialists assist in the direct care and management of children, adolescent clients(ages 7 to 17 years) as prescribed by the physician and treatment team; provide supervision, safety and crisis management for the client population; complete documentation of resident behavior and participate in programming; adhere to the scheduled activities; role model positive, mature behavior and utilize proactive behavioral strategies to minimize client crisis and maximize success. Mental Health Specialists are trained to work in both the Residential and Acute facility.
This is an excellent, entry-level position for those interested in a behavioral health career.
Ability and willingness to work weekends, holidays and variable shifts including days (7:00am - 3:30pm), evenings (3:00pm - 11:30pm) or nights (11:00pm - 7:30am). Flexibility is essential.
- Under direct supervision, assists in the implementation of the treatment plan for each resident, by completing all required documentation.
- Assists in providing safe delivery of care to meet the goals and objectives of each resident’s plan of care.
- Responds to crisis situations and manages resident behaviors in accordance with the Behavioral Management Program.
- Assists with the unit milieu to guide the development of acceptable habits and attitudes by consistently and fairly implementing the behavioral program, emphasizing good choices, and positive interactions.
- Completes documentation regarding resident supervision and participation in the program in a timely manner.
- Actively assists the teacher in providing instructions and training in classrooms.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled unit meetings and trainings.
- Consistently follows the program activity schedule and implements all safety and security procedures.
- Serve as a role model for residents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school education or GED and six (6) months related experience with adolescents and children, or
- Associates degree and three (3) months related experience with adolescents and children, or
- College degree in human services
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Preference given to candidates with prior experience with emotionally disturbed, mentally impaired, or physically disabled persons
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Must pass criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen